Quantcast
what's your most used knife ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what's your most used knife ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    You have great taste....your wife's is just like my girlfriend's, as she would rather use a Forschner serrated steak knife than the Global G2 that I passed on to her way back when.
    Thanks. I also have great taste in wives, er., wife. It's just that her idea of cooking is cornflake chicken, and all she needs a knife for is to open the packages... Like, I expect, all of us knife addicts I do most of the cooking around the house; it's worked well for both harmony and digestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roubo View Post
    Like, I expect, all of us knife addicts I do most of the cooking around the house; it's worked well for both harmony and digestion.
    yes indeed. my girlfriend cooked some trout filets for us, about 3 years ago. the family fish cooking method that she learned was to saute it, at very low temps in butter, until the fish turned into a white mass and fell apart into a pile of mush. yeah, no thanks. i've cooked about every meal, since.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    yes indeed. my girlfriend cooked some trout filets for us, about 3 years ago. the family fish cooking method that she learned was to saute it, at very low temps in butter, until the fish turned into a white mass and fell apart into a pile of mush. yeah, no thanks. i've cooked about every meal, since.
    I guess I lucked out. My wife is a very good cook, but she doesn't love to do it like I do!
    If I'm home, I'm cooking with a sexy sous-chef by my side. If I'm working, she cooks...I assume without a sexy sous-chef(?)
    My passion for knives is just a fortunate byproduct of my love of cooking.
    I'll cook anywhere, with anything, but it isn't quite as much fun without a piece of perfectly shaped and sharpened steel, and a carbon steel/cast iron pan!

Quote Originally Posted by spaceconvoy View Post
    Usually it's whatever knife I bought last So right now it's a Misono swedish 210 gyuto
    My sentiment exactly.....
    Pretty much a new knife every few months...last was a Konosuke 240 HD. Next will probably be a 270 HD suji.....

Mine: Akifusa 240 gyuto. Zydecomama: Akifusa 180 santoku. Have been leaning on Moritaka 180 nikiri and Kato 165 santoku more - loving that carbon steel.

Right now it is my Hattori FH 270 Gyuto. For a large knife it seems very nimble to me.

The next knife that I am lusting over is a Konosuke 240 or 270 HD Gyuto - I can't wait until I can get it!

Cheers,

Andrew