Quantcast
what's your most used knife ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your most used knife ?

what's your most used knife ?

so i know you guys must have a lot of favorite kitchen knives. which one is your most often used one ? in my case it's 225mm custom kiritsuke gyutou made by watanabe. i just love the feel of this knife and the way it performs, takes a scary sharp and stay there for a very long time. Darkhoek also put a nice custom handle on it that makes me like it even more :smile1:. i use this knife like 80% of the time, so what's yours ?

rio
    Last edited by Dave Martell; 03-30-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Right now it is a the Konosuke 240 gyuto at home, followed closely by a kikuichi elite carbon slicer (although I would really like it to be the Yoshikane Marukoyshi that Marko has). At work it is a 270 Carbonext, or a 240 Fujiwara fkh.

I mean, I would have to say my most used is my 240 gyuto but I use many knives quite often from pairing to petty to my santoku. At least 2 different knives a day if not more

in general a 240mm gyuto or 240mm sujihiki depending on what i am doing. my current 240 suji is a tadatsuna, but looking to change it up

for gyutos there is a pretty large rotation of knives that I try to use

Engorged Member
    Matt you sold me an powder steel gyoto that has become a favorite. It is shorter than a regular gyoto and I had it fixed up. No longer cooking professionally so the good stuff is packed away. I could care less if it gets messed up.

Pesky
    Last edited by El Pescador; 03-30-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Heiji 150mm petty.

Which one was that? The artisan? I was looking at the knives I currently have at work(taking them all home tonight for some sharpening fun) all carbon! I was a bit surprised, I would say a couple years ago my two most used knives were a blazen and artisan gyuto when i was a heavy in the shits line cook. Now I really just rotate through the knives I have and am not afraid to bring in the nice stuff at my current job/position.

Usually it's whatever knife I bought last So right now it's a Misono swedish 210 gyuto

mizuno hontanren 270.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Misono 270 carbon, simply because it's the only knife I'm comfortable taking to work.

+ Reply to Thread