Media flame fest on you tube

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crothcipt

Reaction score
So last night I was looking to see if a certain company had put a new video out on their new series of knives coming out. someone had a flaming post about the company's knives and how bad the steal the is. He even went on to say how the handles can't stand up in the dishwasher. Trying to resist the urge to say anything I finally caved in and posted how you should never put knives in the dishwasher. Talk about taking the bait hook line and sinker, He writes a flaming response.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=D2ce5r85FFs

I am now even chomping at the bit to post again. Must refrain. Must refrain....

haha! I have a bad record with youtube. I competed in Muay Thai kickboxing for a while. But all that training and experience was no match for the keyboard karate masters. Nothing will make you question the intelligence of your fellow man than reading youtube comments.

I can't believe that guy says he makes knives too.

haha! I have a bad record with youtube. I competed in Muay Thai kickboxing for a while. But all that training and experience was no match for the keyboard karate masters. Nothing will make you question the intelligence of your fellow man than reading youtube comments.

Love your sig line! Thats awesome!

So last night I was looking to see if a certain company had put a new video out on their new series of knives coming out. someone had a flaming post about the company's knives and how bad the steal the is. He even went on to say how the handles can't stand up in the dishwasher. Trying to resist the urge to say anything I finally caved in and posted how you should never put knives in the dishwasher. Talk about taking the bait hook line and sinker, He writes a flaming response.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=D2ce5r85FFs

I am now even chomping at the bit to post again. Must refrain. Must refrain....

Took care of that for ya! :thumbsup:

Seems to me pretty typical of the internet culture and more specifically the kitchen knife culture. Try to let it roll off your back, believe me it's tough! I fail most times myself.

-AJ

he deleted the first post, but is he saying that AEB-L is the "same as the 440 steel found in most K-Mart knives" by any chance?

his first post was started off saying... "resists the urge to tell how..." I can still see it.

I see that one too, but it appeared to me that one before it was deleted. Who was he responding to in his first post? A Cutco fan, perchance?:spiteful:
his first post was started off saying... "resists the urge to tell how..." I can still see it.

there wasn't a response I saw last night. He prob is talking to the guy below him that wanted a knife.

Interesting guy; I checked out his channel. He's some know it all cyberwarrior pervert; he posted some disturbing comments on a young woman's videos.

I did a quick scan of his channel and resisted the urge to look any further. I see he hasn't bothered to write any smack back.

Yeah thats internet warriorism for you. Some people's only jolly in life is to look like an expert in any way shape or form even if it's faking it online. In another online forum I was in, it was exposed that a guy faked his whole identity for no apparent reason. I mean his name, his race, his girlfriend. And this went on for like 2 years! Life must really suck for people like that.

(BTW: thanks for the sig comments!)

Yeah thats internet warriorism for you. Some people's only jolly in life is to look like an expert in any way shape or form even if it's faking it online. In another online forum I was in, it was exposed that a guy faked his whole identity for no apparent reason. I mean his name, his race, his girlfriend. And this went on for like 2 years! Life must really suck for people like that.

(BTW: thanks for the sig comments!)

That is the exact origin of the term "troll" right there.

The more you know.

That is the exact origin of the term "troll" right there.

The more you know.

Actually the origin of the word "troll" is the practice of putting a fishing line down and starting a small, quiet motor to creep the boat along, to see if you can rustle up a bite. "Trolling" isn't pretending to be someone offensive, it's just showing up and saying something unhelpful, vitriolic, offensive, and/or off-topic in order to distress someone enough to argue with you. The lying just comes as an added bonus.

Ya I figured he was a troll at the beginning and my reasons for abstaining from his "font". It's usually not good to feed the trolls.

Actually the origin of the word "troll" is the practice of putting a fishing line down and starting a small, quiet motor to creep the boat along, to see if you can rustle up a bite. "Trolling" isn't pretending to be someone offensive, it's just showing up and saying something unhelpful, vitriolic, offensive, and/or off-topic in order to distress someone enough to argue with you. The lying just comes as an added bonus.

Well the true origin goes even further back than that. Trolling means to patrol or patrolling which is to walk slowly and survey. That would explain why the term is used in fishing. Also it explains why supernatural trolls were given the name, because they were said to walk slowly or clumsily.

What I was referring to though was the identity deception being spoken about, not the etymology of the word itself. One of the earliest cases of being an internet troll can be traced to the early eighties. Check out the story of Alex and Joan, the original internet troll.
http://meatballwiki.org/wiki/AlexAndJoan
That's ****** up....

I know a guy that presented himself as a surgeon online and had many people fooled until he got busted and called out. It's always great to watch a mess like that unravel.

I know a guy that presented himself as a surgeon online and had many people fooled until he got busted and called out. It's always great to watch a mess like that unravel.

I think I remember that :scratchhead:

Surgeon you say? Haha! The guy I knew, he was claiming to be the son of at Thai General and had a blood connection to royalty. I'm not Thai, but apparently to Thai people those are big claims that can be punishable by law. Very interesting, entertaining fallout to say the least. People are wacko I swear. More I think about it, the more I paranoid myself into wanting to pack heat with me at all times.

I also once saw a guy do the pretend "I'm a Navy Seal" thing and get called out too. That was a real good mess with bannings and everything.

It's really easy to mouth off online. A friend of mine is a highschool teacher who is having a lot of crap, including threats, posted on his YouTube video comments. I wouldn't put much credence to the threats, but it's interesting what some types of folks need to do to feel good about themselves.

Back