Quantcast
Boring - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boring

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Work with Hoss?

Something Ive missed?
    No it's roots are in his shop because of the spirograph damascus blade. I made the steel but it is thanks to Hoss that I was able to do so.

Bill:

What are the most popular knife people order?
    If a kitchen knife what lenght are most common?
    How many knives do you make a year?

Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Bill:

What are the most popular knife people order?
    If a kitchen knife what lenght are most common?
    How many knives do you make a year?

Right now the most ordered knife is a western handled gyoto in 240-270 mm blade length. I make between 50-60 knives in a years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    Right now the most ordered knife is a western handled gyoto in 240-270 mm blade length. I make between 50-60 knives in a years time.
    Those little knives are fantastic looking knives. Is the knife that's the second one from the bottom a fillet knife or slicer?

What is the best way to order?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Michael, It is a fillet, just email, pm or call and I'll get you on the list.

Man Bill. I know a lot of people shun using thin fillet knives, but, when I was cutting fish for a living, I could have really used one of those for all the damn starry flounder and rex sole I was cutting. Starry flounder has a ridiculously tough skin, with an almost rubber-like texture with sharp points. It would destroy the edge of our cheap fillet knives so fast.

That is such an amazing knife. I've never seen a custom fillet knife EVER, let alone one with that much attention to detail and craftsmanship.

Great stuff Bill. Glad that you're around here. Many of us, including me, have admired your knives from afar. I certainly hope to be able to own one of your works soon.

Thanks again!
    Michael

Michael, thank you so much for the kind words. That is the first fillet that I made. I just made another, and I have a fivr bar composit fillet in the works.
    How about one like this?

Your San Mai is out of this world!

Pcture tells more than word:

This is how I feel....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    Michael, thank you so much for the kind words. That is the first fillet that I made. I just made another, and I have a fivr bar composit fillet in the works.
    How about one like this?
    Another great piece. Is that a cross between a boning and fillet knife? Is it flexible? There are a number of people here who have been looking for a boning knife. I'm sure you'll get an order from someone to make a similar knife.

Is that composite fillet a special order? Could you show us a picture when you're done?
    Michael

Yeh it is actually more of a boning knife than a fillet. It is flexible enough to do double duty but is probably a better boning knife than fillet. The composite is just one i am putting together out of some twisted w's that I had lying around.