Boring

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
This kinda boring just sitting around here. Is there anything you all want to see?

Videos of you in knife forging action, pics of your shop and a current WIP.

Short write up of your biggest obstacle, and your personal favorite knife. For starters of course. :biggrin:

I'll start on you request as soon as I get back. I am leaving right now to mail off a couple of knive and then go across the state to do a three day job for my FIL. course his three day jobs turn into a week or more so see you all then.

Bill, I'd like to see everything

1)a pic or description of your first knife

2)any pics of knives you were most proud of or thought u acclompished something different with

3)anything else u wanna share!

I'm selfish and want to see how you do stainless over carbon forging. Of course I'll settle just for finished knife pictures too. :)

I'm selfish and want to see how you do stainless over carbon forging. Of course I'll settle just for finished knife pictures too. :)

actually it's very similar to doing the wrought iron san-mai different heat ranges and more particular thermal cycling required though.

I'll start on you request as soon as I get back. I am leaving right now to mail off a couple of knive and then go across the state to do a three day job for my FIL. course his three day jobs turn into a week or more so see you all then.

I wish I could have Bill Burke on call to do odd jobs for me.

Niloc, I might have that under control. going to do some stainless damascus and then maybee the kitchen shears WIP.

Stephan I use less heat for the stainless than for wrought.

Oh yeh I'M BACK

Bill -

I'm curious. I saw that many of the knives that you make are cladded.

Do you make un-cladded carbon steel kitchen knives? What steels do you use? And, MOST importantly, do you have any pictures of any un-cladded carbon steel kitchen knives that you've made before?

Bill -

I'm curious. I saw that many of the knives that you make are cladded.

Do you make un-cladded carbon steel kitchen knives? What steels do you use? And, MOST importantly, do you have any pictures of any un-cladded carbon steel kitchen knives that you've made before?

http://www.epicureanedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=88446

Still looking forward to more info from Bill on his favourite knives, some more info what to come and some wip of the sheers :)

My favorite knife. That is a tuff one but here is one that I wish I would have kept.
84435_1_b.jpg

A wrought iron and 52100 yanagi
87793_1_b.jpg

a few carbon steel knives these are the first kichen knives that I made 2002.
83870_1_b.jpg
shopexd.asp

83871_1_b.jpg
83872_1_b.jpg

84493_1_b.jpg

yope you like em. I'll post more later

here are a few more.

this little knife has it's roots at Hoss's
88942_1_b.jpg

52100 and Iron wood.
88446_1_b.jpg

more 52100 and Iron wood.
88782_1_b.jpg

52100 416 and Iron wood
88387_1_b.jpg

Another early one 52100 integral and black wood.
87045_1_b.jpg

52100 twisted mokume and twisted cocobolo.
88388_1_b.jpg

52100, 416 with sheephorn.
88204_1_b.jpg

52100 paring knife.
88389_1_b.jpg

bill....on the small damascus one -is that musk ox on the handle?....or sheep horn?......also is that your test dagger?......ryan

Latest posts

Back