Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: World's Best Burl.......maybe

I got my block 2352 today and it's beyond expectations, bonus that it is easily big enough for 2 handles!

It never ceases to amaze me that something so beautiful as these woods occur in nature.

PLS PM me as well when you will have more for sale ....

Quote Originally Posted by leonidmd View Post
    Sorry I couldn't resist, I just find it somehow funny that someone from Redwood City, California, is having a hard time getting redwood. Must be my inner kid!

Ha... I have three nice redwoods on my lot but it is much easier nowadays here in Bay Area to invent a Facebook than to get a permit to cut the tree
    I am not planning to cut them anyway

Welcome! Small world my dad an MD stayed for a few years in Redwood City running United airlines medical dept at SFO. Don't want to cut into Burl source business. If Mark can get you some all the better;otherwise, i can send you a piece that should make you a nice handle if that's what you needed.

Btw serious about the not cutting into his business. Mark is a great guy. It is wood I bought from him. Its about 4 1/2 inches long if thats enough length for you once you add a ferrule. He already had a bad day today. You could pay him $40 for my block and I will send it to you free shipping. I am just trying to help out. Might cheer you both up. Anyway just an offer.

Thank you for the offer Most of the wood i usually get from Mark is used for the hunting knives - i try to get it 5 inches or even longer I am a "frequent flyer" in Mark"s shop
    And,Mark if it is real bad - pls e-mail me- i can make a deposit as i will get more wood from you soon

Thank you for the offer Most of the wood i usually get from Mark is used for the hunting knives - i try to get it 5 inches or even longer I am a "frequent flyer" in Mark"s shop
    And,Mark if it is real bad - pls e-mail me- i can make a deposit as i will get more wood from you soon
    Certainly,no problem was just extending the kindness extended to me here. Hope you enjoy the forum. Great group of people here. I was doing the send money to him to not cut into his business and do something nice. His bad day was a less than cordial customer. All the best. Nice to meet you.

The second batch of this stuff showed up today.
    Right after I finish with shipping for today I am going to start cleaning these up.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

and the good news for me is that i have a bit of spending funds again