Quantcast
NKD- Zakuri Tosagata Bocho

Thread: NKD- Zakuri Tosagata Bocho

NKD- Zakuri Tosagata Bocho

Lucky me this beauty arrived in time for the weekend. Here are some pics http://imgur.com/a/WUPGT

First impressions, I really like it. The length is just what I was wanting. I do have a couple of quibbles. There is a small mark on the handle and there is a lip where the wood meets the plastic. However for 70$ I am happy with the fit and finish.

Jon did me a solid and touched up the edge for me before sending it my way. I haven't cut anything up, but I did a quick paper test. I am able to do a push cut and the edge feels grabby. I know that it can get sharper, but ootb it exceeds my expectations.

I really like the finish on the knife. There are a couple of rough spots, but considering the price, I'm happy with it.

Overall I am really pleased with the knife. I'm planning on putting it through its paces this weekend. Jon gave me some tips on how to care for it today so I am ready to see what it can do. Later this weekend I will post a detailed review.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    gratz on the new acquisition. Can't wait for the review.

Every handle I've had with a plastic ferrule has had that same issue you mention.

If it bugs you, a bit of time with sandpaper will fix it, but will leave the plastic ferrule with a matte finish. Tape cardboard to the blade to protect yourself, though.

congrats! I cant think of a better deal for $70 in the cutlery world.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    congrats! I cant think of a better deal for $70 in the cutlery world.
    I agree, I think it's good value for the money.

Dang! That thing is flat! I'd be interested to know what you think of it in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Dang! That thing is flat! I'd be interested to know what you think of it in a month.
    Do you view that as a plus or a minus?

That is a huge plus if you prefer push cutting vs. rock and chop.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

So I made some stirfry today and this knife is awesome! I love the size. Out of the box edge is good. This thing is great for push cutting. Taking the extra steps to take care of the blade wasn't a problem at all.

I am thinking that I will use the edge on it for a week then take it to the stones. Being that the edge is pretty good, should I start with a 5k or go down to a 1k then 5k for sharpening?