Thread: If only all parties were like this...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

If only all parties were like this...

So, okay I cater. But it's so nice to do something besides the usual beef tenderloin and shrimp(those of you who cater know what I'm talking about).
    This week is my fair city's wine and food (totally non-profit) week. We've done 2 dinners, one with Kevin Zraly and the other with Verite. Both nights very similar. Here are some pics from the Verite wine dinner:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    House cured Halibut with potato pancake, creme fraiche. micro greens with lemon oil and salsa verde(italian kind)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    confit of wild quail ravioli over baby spinach and wild mushrooms in a reduced rabbit broth(my boss actually shot the quail)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Fennel cured and seared lamb loin over caramelized sunchokes with watercress and lamb reduction
    [IMG][/IMG]
    pic of the range/setup. a little chintzy for my taste(u know, fashion over function)[IMG][/IMG]
    First smoked then braised short rib of beef over caramelized corn pudding with sauteed chard and short rib jus reduction
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Cheese couse next
    Dessert too, flourless chocolate torte with chocolate toffee hazlenut gelato-sorry no pic!

You had me at lamb loin...

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Mouthwatering.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow you really have some chops. You could have just served any one of those and gone chintze on the rest but you still go over the top.

Not bad looking stove. Love the ravioli, but that is probably cause I can't eat it.

The lamb sounds tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    You had me at lamb loin...

k.
    Shoot he had me by Halibut!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Shoot he had me by Halibut!
    Actually, my pavlovian drool set in at rabbit broth.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson