Quantcast
Your favorite cookbook? - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite cookbook?

Darn it guys! My cookbook wishlist is getting too big too fast!

I got the Ferran Adria book yesterday and looked through it for a bit. Maybe I had wrong expectations, but at a first glance I am a bit underwhelmed. O.k., it is nicely done, but this is the first time in a cook book that I actually thought there are too many pictures. I guess what I had expected were more variation of Spanish dished that I know, and what the book delivers is a set of very eclectic recipe which are solid and certainly good home meals, I just haven't seen much that really jumped out at me and said 'cook me!' But I will ready it over a bit more thoroughly before I give it a final verdict.

The other book that came in yesterday was the Reinhart's 'Artisan breads every day', and that looked really nice. Still waiting for a slow cooking book and then I should be done for a while again. Sometimes I consider selling off a few of my cook books, there are always a ton I never really use or look into much, but considering the few $$ I usually get for used books, I'd rather keep them. I just hate the thought of my next move...

Stefan

What's the slow cooker book you're getting?

Quote Originally Posted by unkajonet View Post
    What's the slow cooker book you're getting?
    Someone mentioned that the American Test Kitchen's book was nice, so I got that one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193...01_i01_details

Today I placed an Amazon order for a cable for my iPhone, and of course that wasn't good enough so I also picked up Big Ranch, Big City by Louis Lambert. Pretty excited for this one.

I think Ratio might be my favorite right now, too. I checked out the new Heston Blumenthal book as well as Ad Hoc and Bouchon by Thomas Keller at a bookstore recently. I really liked all three.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Bringin' it back from the dead. I've been looking for this thread!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Noooooo!!! I can't afford this thread

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Chewie's the man.

Gotta support my kitchen The French Laundry