270 sanmai gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
stainless PM core, very thin at the edge

Iron wood handle with black papper micarta ferrule

This is a very nice knife. Those who are using knives out of this steel report that it is possibly the best steel for a kitchen knife. I also love this steel.

Price is $810.00 shipped conus.

Hoss

001.jpg

003.jpg

Is that the super-duper wear resistant stuf?

No, Devin's super wear resistant steel is different, more of a carbon/semi tool steel, this is powdered stainless steel. Both are fantastic, I would have a hard time choosing between them. This one probably gets a bit sharper easier than the SWR and the SWR stays sharper a bit longer, but the differences are negligible and your use and sharpening ability would have more affect than the differences in the steels.

If you don't have a DT in your kitchen then you must be unhappy.
Damn cool as usual Hoss!

Dang! My name is comming up any month now, but this is almost to irresistable. Awesome price.

...the differences are negligible and your use and sharpening ability would have more affect than the differences in the steels.
I dunno, man. I think the pm stainless in the advertised knife, is MUCH easier to sharpen. It's like AEB-L with a bit more wear resistance, slightly less toughness or edge stability and a little tougher to get uber-sharp. If I didn't already have several knives made out of this steel, I'd get this one in a heartbeat. I might still get this one. :)

Hoss, I can't see the cladding line on these pics. It's not a big deal but it would certainly look cooler. :)

Yeah, someone please buy this ASAP. I don't have a 270 yet, and this is a great deal from Devin. It's not much more then the price of a 240!

Hoss, I can't see the cladding line on these pics. It's not a big deal but it would certainly look cooler. :)

It's not the line, it's the photographer.

Hoss

It's not the line, it's the photographer.

Hoss
Haha. I know that. I'm just saying you might sell it faster, if you found a better photographer! Btw, I love how the ironwood darkened on the one I picked up in LV.

wow reading this I was hoping it was already sold. Sweet knife as always.

Onvid- I am working as slow as possible on that. :juggle:;)

congrats on the sale and to the buyer. I am currently playing with a 250mm version. Really a very nice knife.

Latest posts

Back