Quantcast
Mushrooms on a Monday - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mushrooms on a Monday

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Holy Crap Randy! That looks amazing!

You are just struggling through life, huh? It's the economy, you know. What are you going to do? You are living off of game and wild fungi. Hard times.
    That is one thing I learned from my Grandfather who worked his butt off to raise his family with barely a penny to his name and lived off the land to make sure they were fed. But when we would sit down to a great meal like that or some grouse he would pipe in and say, "I wonder what the poor people are eating".

Good food shared with family - nothing is better.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Beautiful, I love them fungi but would only recognize them in a basket in a grocery store... Morels with a cream sauce and pork tenderloin medallions on fresh pasta has to be one of my favorite things. Ever.

Stefan
    +1 Oh, and add some fresh English peas.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    That is one thing I learned from my Grandfather who worked his butt off to raise his family with barely a penny to his name and lived off the land to make sure they were fed. But when we would sit down to a great meal like that or some grouse he would pipe in and say, "I wonder what the poor people are eating".

Good food shared with family - nothing is better.
    Its just awesome how foods and stuff like this brings back great memory's, and story's.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Nice meal. I was hoping to find a bunch over the weekend but only found one monster morel. I donated that to the host farmer we stay with. Glad you and Randy Jr could enjoy some time in the woods.
    Thanks, It was a good day, even with having my water heater fie as I was cleaning up the mess from lunch!! So we spent the rest of the afternoon changing out a water heater!! I just thank God that there was exactly what I needed in stock locally.. And the whole job went smooth as goose feathers!!!

I cant count the times we have went hunting only to find a few or none. What I like to do when we only have a few is make up some mushroom gravy or just eat them raw.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Morel mushroom gravy sounds awesome. I am usually pretty rustic with'em - Saute in butter, salt n pepper.

My favorite thing to do with morels are just simply, morels, butter, salt, pepper, cream (either reduce or use a bit of flour with the butter)
    Then cut up some white bread, and get it golden and crispy with butter, add the morels and just go wild

Im always bragging on Randy Jr. and rightfully so. But today my youngest son Hunter came home from youth group. They went on a hay ride. and when they stopped to walk in the woods. Found a batch of morels and brought them all home to his daddy! I couldn't be prouder! lol

Hunter and I have enjoyed many mornings walking through the woods searching for these little fungus's! And we enjoy every minute. Now he has found us a new SECRET spot.. Guess where Im heading in the morning!?!?!

Availible Knives

Nice! I need my kids to learn to scout out secret ingredients for me.

Its all about spending time with em. and sharing your passions and teaching em all that great stuff! Hunter is my Knife Knut with quite a impressive collection ranging from production folders to a couple of High end pieces. and a custom or 2 thrown in for good measure. Its fun to listen to him when he plays show and tell. Talking to his friends and even my friends.. Handing them a knife and telling them all about it, when it was made, and out of what materials etc. Makes me smile!! One day soon, Im sure Hunter will be joining us in this crazy thing we call knife making!

Availible Knives