NKD! Gesshin Heiji Honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ontravelling

Reaction score
Just got a promotion at work so I decided to celebrate with a couple of knives. Just got these in today from JKI, and they look great! Thought I'd share. They will both get broken in at work tomorrow. 80mm Suisin Inox Parer then the Gesshin Heiji 180mm Honesuki. The saya is really nice and the fit is pretty snug, although I think I may go ahead and put a pin in there to make it more stable. I love that there isn't a pin hole already, I much prefer doing it myself.

This makes getting up for work tomorrow a bit more exciting.

p6f8Z.jpg

BowYh.jpg

XpIO0.jpg

GXl6G.jpg

27VwU.jpg

sGtd6.jpg

Sweet! That parer looks like it has a French profile, über-handy little knife.

Sweeet. I love my Suisin parer. It's really comfortable to use.

I don't know how the honesukis are, but be careful with your Heiji at first. The steel can be a bit delicate if you're a dumb noob like me who sharpens at very low angles and then tries to cut very tough to cut foods. From what I've been told, it's because of the high hardness level of these knives.

DANG! You took MY honesuki!!! :( That's what I get for waffling. I guess I'll have to wait for the next batch...

Oh yeah. Congratulations. Lovely knife. :thumbsup:

nice looking blades and congrats on the promotion. What was it?

I really like how that honesuki looks. Congratulations.

Thanks everyone!

@tk59 Yeah, I was afraid it was going to show up Out Of Stock by the time I got paid.
@bechler Thanks, the promotion was to Sous.

@tk don't you have enough knives?

congrats on the new knives and the promotion, I would love to give that heiji a test run, looks fun

Congrats on the sous. Very exciting.

I'm Sure your going to be breaking them in quite well.

Congrats of course on the promotion Chef, and ditto to what was said above about your two new knives.

Back