Quantcast
Knife Passaround ! - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Knife Passaround !

Oh my dog! I do believe that I am next!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Oh my dog! I do believe that I am next!
    cool. send me your address and i'll get it out in a week.

after using it pretty extensively, tonight, i'd say that it's really nice, except it doesn't hold an edge very long.

after using this knife quite a bit, i think it's quite nice. great F&F, very good geometry and profile, feels very nimble in the hand, and takes a nice toothy edge. it does lose that edge pretty quickly, though, with board contact, which i wasn't expecting, given my general experience with D2. however, the edge comes back easier than my general experience with D2, so it's probably a good trade off. i really like the handle on this knife, there is something about it that makes it very comfortable.

I received the knife today, and so far I like it!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Andrew has decided to pass on this, so is Mainaman next?
    Spike C
    Pirsig

I liked the way this knife felt in hand right off, slender and maneuverable. Over time, though, the smallness of the handle proved to be less than suitable for my hand size. I like a blade that has a good flat area in the back half of the blade, and another flatish area toward the tip. This blade profile has more curve in the front which led to some accordianing of green onions when push cutting with the front of the blade, it was necessary to use the back half to get clean cuts.
    When received the edge was nicely sharp and cut well, but the edge retention was not impressive in use on a Boardsmith cutting board. I prepared some soups and carnitas, nothing excessive for a family of 2 in one week, not only did the edge loose it's aggressive feel, but the front third of the blade developed several chips. After sharpening out the chips the back half of the blade felt less sharp, as I only sharpened where the damage was.
    This is a very attractive knife, but it did not work very well for my cutting style, and I suspect that I would grind it into oblivion if I kept using it long term.
    Thanks Maxim for the opportunity to experience this knife!
    Spike C
    Pirsig

Thanks Spike !! Yes pass it along to Mainaman then we are finished with this one

SpikeC , do you see any patina spots on the edge ?

No patina noted!
    Spike C
    Pirsig