integral damascus 240 gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
stainless damascus, iron wood handle

$1600.00 shipped

This piece is well balanced and thin. I remember now why I don't do many integrals, them dudes are a lot of work. Hope you like it.

Hoss

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.JPG

004.JPG

The damascus is stainless. Is the core stainless as well?

-Chuck

The damascus is stainless. Is the core stainless as well?

-Chuck

Yep. I know you like carbon. I don't normally do carbon core with stainless damascus clad.

Hoss

That scalloped edge is just over the top Bad A$$

Incredible work, Devin. You never fail to impress.

The craftsmanship looks great (as always!), but for some reason this one does not float my boat. I think it's the first time I've seen a DT knife for sale that did not prompt me to open another browser window to check my bank balance :O

But I'm interested to hear about the steel and how it performs, so whoever picks this one up please let us know about it. It's great to see Devin trying so many new things in an effort to stretch the performance envelope!

Love that integral bolster.

Quick question about that handle. Is it different than your previous western-type handles? It seems to have a more pronounced curve at the top and more curvature along the sides. If so, did you change this because it's more comfortable or better for certain grips, etc.?

That is incredible Hoss!!! Three(yeah i am weird like that) thumbs way up!

Integral = Force welded?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly but integral bolsters are made from the same bar of steel as the knife, no welding is done. You have to forge them to shape.

Im no expert, but force welding a bolster might be done and then you don't have to use the same bar of steel as the rest of the knife.
The one thing Ive heard about force welding is that you can see where its welded on after etching.

Will be interesting to hear from Devin, either way it's a stunning knife

Im no expert, but force welding a bolster might be done and then you don't have to use the same bar of steel as the rest of the knife.
The one thing Ive heard about force welding is that you can see where its welded on after etching.

If the bolster was forge welded, then it couldn't properly be called 'integral'.

Done well, it's very herd to see the join line. The damascus parer Michael Rader made for me has a forge welded bolster, and I can't tell where the weld line is.

You guy's are nuts.

Yes the bolsters were forge welded on. There are over 300 welds in the blade. The bolsters are not glued on, they are not pinned on, they are not soldered on, they are not tig welded on, they are an integral, cohesive part of the knife. Whether you forge weld them on, forge to shape, or upset the bolster, it is an integral bolster and any method is difficult to do.

Hoss

You guy's are nuts.

Yes the bolsters were forge welded on. There are over 300 welds in the blade. The bolsters are not glued on, they are not pinned on, they are not soldered on, they are not tig welded on, they are an integral, cohesive part of the knife. Whether you forge weld them on, forge to shape, or upset the bolster, it is an integral bolster and any method is difficult to do.

Hoss

I stand corrected, Hoss.

Latest posts

Back