Quantcast
New--- Looking for American Made
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New--- Looking for American Made

Smile New--- Looking for American Made

Hey everyone! I had a Cutco rep come out and overall I was impressed and seeing that I NEED new kitchen knives, I proceeded to ask my husband even though I knew the price was a little more than I planned. He is on a damascus kick so told me no. Well, now I have spent the past couple weeks looking for American made damascus kitchen knives with no prevail. So, here I am asking for help. Hope to find something soon!

CJ410
    Last edited by CJ410; 05-12-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling

OOOOOH you came to the right place.

Welcome...If I were going to buy a stainless damascus knife I would talk to these guys:

Devin Thomas
    http://www.devinthomas.com/

HHH Knives
    http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/

Delbert Ealy Damascus
    http://www.ealyknives.com/ - Not sure if he does stainless damascus but his carbon steel is apparently not that reactive.

Not as cheap as cutco by a longshot...but if you want good stuff you don't want cheap right?

You could probably buy one Damascus knife for the price of a cutco set. But it would be a killer knife that would stay sharp a long time and would be handmade...you could get by with one nice knife in a home kitchen for sure. Maybe like 210mm chefs knife that is a little shorter at the heel. You could cut on the board, you could cut off the board, you could peel and slice with it.

ohh forgot michael rader...

www.raderblade.com

Yes, there is good American-made damascus knives, but be prepared for sticker shock. And for what it is worth, I don't think we should exclude our fine neighbor up north in Canada, Pierre Rodrigue, as an option.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Just one other idea to throw out there: if the price is too much for a custom maker's damascus, one could always nab a Mr. Tanaka R2 damascus blade before the stock on those are depleted. They are truly beautiful, and there won't be any more made now that he has passed away.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Thanks everyone! I will definitely be looking at the options!

I see you are in Texas, Burkecutlery!!! That last knife has a GORGEOUS print! Do you do steak knives?

Have to mention Marko too, he's doing some great stuff.
    Pierre too, but he's canadian.

Mr. Dinky-
    How do I see those blades?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ410 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I will definitely be looking at the options!

I see you are in Texas, Burkecutlery!!! That last knife has a GORGEOUS print! Do you do steak knives?
    Burke is not the maker of those, the last one is a Rader.
    He does some beautiful (and pricey) work