Quantcast
USPS anyone have exp. with claims
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USPS anyone have exp. with claims

USPS anyone have exp. with claims

So the Griswold skillet I ordered is lost somewhere. It shows delivered and it isn't in my hands. It is insured, but I have never delt with a claim. Does anyone have experience with claims?

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    oops sounds like it got delivered to the mailman's house and you get the privilege of tracking saying its yours. Gl with that.

Yup, dealing with that now with a knife that was delivered to the wrong place. PITA, bottom line, you are not getting it. Every post office seems to operate independantly of one another, the post office in SLC will say something different than the post office in Houstan, and no one will give you a straight answer.

I am using Fed Ex or UPS from now on.

Do I have any chance of getting the insurance money? I'll be out 100$. Not happy about this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Yup, dealing with that now with a knife that was delivered to the wrong place. PITA, bottom line, you are not getting it. Every post office seems to operate independantly of one another, the post office in SLC will say something different than the post office in Houstan, and no one will give you a straight answer.

I am using Fed Ex or UPS from now on.
    That's why I send stuff "Signature Required".

I've had to claim insurance for USPS for a damaged guitar. I provided a lot of pictures and a lot of comparables (used guitars listings, body replacements from multiple vendors, etc), and was provided a check for the full insurance price.

I'm going to go to the post office tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere with them. This sounds like it may be a bit of a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    I'm going to go to the post office tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere with them. This sounds like it may be a bit of a battle.
    you need a copy of the receipt and the insurance stub and file the claim and they have like 6 months to pay you, if they decide too. have fun
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I've never had anything lost from the USPS. Had a shipment misshipped before, but it did make it to me eventually. My only problems have been with UPS, where I've been home when the item/s were supposedly delivered, and nothing. Even with insurance on the package, they would not pay out b/c they said it was delivered by their own system. I think the main thing to learn is that this can happen no matter how an item is shipped. Signature on delivery is always a big plus, and go with a shipping company you can trust. Also, it helps to go through a reputable dealer, since, at least through UPS, they are the ones that have to file the claim. I would wait to pass judgement on how hard it'll be to file the claim until you actually go down there and talk to them. Keep your hopes up, it may be easier than you think, and there's a good chance you'll get your money back. Only sad part may be that you don't have the pan in your hands now. Anyway, good luck tomorrow.
    Taylor

What a major bummer. Hope it works out.

+ Reply to Thread