Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS anyone have exp. with claims

I was really looking forward to using the pan this weekend. I have been planning for a month or to get a Griswold. Hopefully I will get lucky and the pan will make it to me.

My mother sent all of her tax information to her accountant this year and failed to note the apartment number. She just sent it through the regular mail with no tracking or signature on delivery option. Weeks later (after the accountant filed an extension and my mother contemplated buying identity theft insurance) the package showed back up on her doorstep covered in postal stamps, but intact. I will keep my fingers crossed that the same happens for you...maybe it went to a neighbors house or someone punched the wrong key at the post office. Annoying, either way.

I have a Post Office box because it is near my house, and I need an out of house address. I am there many times a week, sending and shipping. When I have a package that I am not simply returning to someone, I drive 30 minutes away to the UPS store and ship it there.

Sorry this happened, keep in mind that the USPS tracking system is incredibly useless and this may mean it is coming tomorrow. I've seen stranger things happen. It's not abnormal for their tracking to take 3 days to pick up the number at all, then it just says it was "accepted at source" and then 5 days later it shows up at your door and they change it to say "delivered". Useless!

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

If it makes you feel any better I had a shipment coming from California through USPS that showed up as delivered on the tracking info three days before it actually was. I have no idea why.

Hmm...Maybe I will get it tomorrow. The "expected" delivery date is for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    Hmm...Maybe I will get it tomorrow. The "expected" delivery date is for Saturday.
    Well, there you go. Positive thinking will have that Griswold in your hands tomorrow. Although I have had a few packages from USPS get delayed by an extra day beyond the "expected" date, but it's always only been one more day.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    I have a Post Office box because it is near my house, and I need an out of house address. I am there many times a week, sending and shipping. When I have a package that I am not simply returning to someone, I drive 30 minutes away to the UPS store and ship it there.

Sorry this happened, keep in mind that the USPS tracking system is incredibly useless and this may mean it is coming tomorrow. I've seen stranger things happen. It's not abnormal for their tracking to take 3 days to pick up the number at all, then it just says it was "accepted at source" and then 5 days later it shows up at your door and they change it to say "delivered". Useless!
    +1. I ship/receive a lotta eBay type stuff, and I've experienced this(from both ends) time and time again...

Well I called the local office and the carrier said that they delivered it to my front porch yesterday. So now I have to file a claim and go through that mess. Oh well.

Maybe the person on the phone is just reading off of the same inaccurate screen that alarmed you in the first place and the package will show up on your doorstep later today (the "expected" delivery date). I wouldn't give up hope yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Maybe the person on the phone is just reading off of the same inaccurate screen that alarmed you in the first place and the package will show up on your doorstep later today (the "expected" delivery date). I wouldn't give up hope yet...
    When I called they spoke to my mailperson. They said it was covered in duct tape and that they dropped it off on my porch.

I am hoping that somehow it makes it to me.