Quantcast
USPS anyone have exp. with claims - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS anyone have exp. with claims

Not knowing where you live, is it possible that a neighbor picked it up for safe keeping?

Also, could it have been a simple mistake by the mail carrier? My house number is 2336, and I get mail for 2366 on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Also, could it have been a simple mistake by the mail carrier? My house number is 2336, and I get mail for 2366 on a regular basis.
    Same here. I have retrieved many a package "delivered" to me from my nice neighbor's porch (1919 vs. 1917).

Possible it went to a neighbor. I live in a condo complex and haven't had any issues before. Somebody got it, just not sure who it was.

I had the problem once. I bought a wooden bowl to be shipped to Singapore via USPS.. Came in damaged.

took about 4 months before the seller was compensated and he credited me for the same amount..

time.. only time. IF they can't track it.. it is still their problem and don't give up

Most of the time.. it comes in nicely and on via as indicated via their tracking services..

Postal services is an essential but a losing money proposition. IN some countries, they also do other things like a collection center for repairs for large consumer companies, pawnshop services..

check back with them once a month and be persistent and have fun whilst you are at it..

rgds
    ~D

I just received a knife block via the USPS - Box was beat to Shi***T, ripped open and even with packing bubbles the block was beaten to hell. No insurance on it so couldn't go after them. I purchased it via paypal on ebay and the seller was nice enough to drop the sales price by over half considering the damage. Nice thing is it is repairable, I just need to get some sandpaper and fix about 6 spots and re-stain it. $5 fix for a $30 credit - not too bad in my book.

Well all's well that ends well. The USPS has approved my claim and paid me 105$ USD, which is just a touch over what I paid for the skillet, (they included shipping costs). I think from now on though I'm going to purchase a PO Box so when I have things of a critical nature sent, they don't land on my front porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    Well all's well that ends well. The USPS has approved my claim and paid me 105$ USD, which is just a touch over what I paid for the skillet, (they included shipping costs). I think from now on though I'm going to purchase a PO Box so when I have things of a critical nature sent, they don't land on my front porch.
    I was thinking about this from time to time. Glad things worked out. Thanks for the update.

Sorry you didn't get your skillet, but at least you got your money back in relatively short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Sorry you didn't get your skillet, but at least you got your money back in relatively short order.
    Yeah all in all I came out even. I bought a nice 12.5 inch DeBuyer in place of the CI, which has been awesome so far. I do wish I could have received the Griswold, but at least I have my money back.

+ Reply to Thread