Quantcast
Old Copper bottomed pot - worthwhile? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Copper bottomed pot - worthwhile?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Those look like Mauviel. Even if they need to be re-tinned they might be worth grabbing. If they are SS lined snatch them up and never look back!

Dave
    Yeah they definitely look like Mauviel: http://www.amazon.com/Mauviel-MHerit...624779&sr=1-15

Stainless will look like allclad inside and you should see the remnants of fine concentric polishing marks. Tin is very shiny when new dull when older. You should see remnants of brush marks. The tin is brushed on and does look like old painted wood. The surface of tin tends to be a little uneven. On older pots you may even see a little copper peaking through. Maviel used to just say made in france...any markings? The brass handles were usually used on lighter pans, the heavier pans have wrought iron handles. The older tinned pans I have use copper rivets, the picture looks like steel but could just be glare.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

I had to go back anyways to return something. I picked up the three pots and some cool old tarnished italian silver spoons.

Thanks for the tips and I'll report back with better pics in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    I had to go back anyways to return something. I picked up the three pots and some cool old tarnished italian silver spoons.

Thanks for the tips and I'll report back with better pics in a day.
    Glad they were still there.

Weird but sometimes items "leave themselves" in the wrong aisle, buried under old shoes or the like, when a return trip is imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    Glad they were still there.

Weird but sometimes items "leave themselves" in the wrong aisle, buried under old shoes or the like, when a return trip is imminent.

Sometimes clothes that are mediums get put on XXL hangers, too. Wonder how that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Sometimes clothes that are mediums get put on XXL hangers, too. Wonder how that happens?
    copper pots as shown in pics - I would buy if prices were low

daughter and classmates working in the white elephant booth at their high school carnival saw people relocating items and not buying anything so the students talked to the advisor on duty.
    students were told people find stuff they want but do not want to pay the price for that day so the items are "relocated" and, hopefully they can retrieve the items and buy on the day when everything is on sale at clear-out prices.

Quote Originally Posted by geezr View Post
    students were told people find stuff they want but do not want to pay the price for that day so the items are "relocated" and, hopefully they can retrieve the items and buy on the day when everything is on sale at clear-out prices.
    What? No! I would never!