Thread: why do i do this? bowhunting is difficult!!

bay area, california

why do i do this? bowhunting is difficult!!

man. toughest hobby ever! my body is beat.

i am sitting on the couch with a sore achilles. limping badly. hiking after hogs for several days has gotten me beaten down. i climbed after them saturday, and took an easy day on sunday and just mountain biked with a buddy.

should have rested. now i am in pain, and popping Aleve. this is the best hobby ever..hard, challenging..and the rewards..should be delicious! i am heading to AZ, last week of this month hopefully if my ankle pain goes chase tiny tasty deer.

all bowhunting. if i would just use a rifle..i would be done. hehehe.

anyone else bowhunt?

Bangor Maine
    I have not hunted much of anything that last few years but I used to bow hunt for deer and loved it.

New Jersey, USA
    this is a cool hobby that i will like to try, hope the pain go alway for you soon.

Mequon, WI
    Hope you feel better soon bud. I made the choice a few years ago that I would rather duck hunt than bow and couldn't do both. Now, gun deer is the only hunting I am getting in.

Just outside Tampa
    Back in the day I did. Still have a PSE around somewhere that's not seen daylight in 10+ yrs. Now it's food plots, condo's and pick out a nice doe. Then its time for duck hunting...

Name:  eastgatorIR0002.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  22.6 KB
    Older and wider.

NJ, USA
    My brother bow hunted for years, and he was pretty good at it. About 3 years ago he went bird hunting with a few buddies and never looked back. Now all he talks about is dogs and shotguns. I dont really have a problem with this, but I sure do miss venison.....

Central Jersey
    Used to have a Hoyt Raptor back in 98. Haven't shot since about then as well. Always thought about picking one up again but... one too many hobbies.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Once took some Bowhunters from Alaska by boat Oahu to Molokai to hunt Axis Deer.There are some local bowhunters again mostly Axis Deer.

I imagine for you hiking into the rough stalking prey with a bow is not easy but can be rewarding.Kind of like spearfishing except on terra firma instead of ocean.