A Collaboration

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

Looks like Devin's blade has met it's match. Nice work! :doublethumbsup:

WHOA...Not Again...what is the MARKO NIGHT!?!?!?

Great job Marko. That turned out great.

Hoss

That is stunning, but the matching saya puts it over the top.

Thanks everybody

Got to ask a rhetorical question, what is a nice set without a great knife?

Devin put a lot of work into this knife and it shows.

M

I like this more than oivind's blingy musk ox affair(which I also really like). I like the elegance of this one, but I wouldn't be afraid to work it pretty hard.

Haha, on the top picture the saya actually looks smaller than the blade. That is just unreal! Very nice work!

DarKHOeK

A true collaboration. Blade from DT, wood from Mark at burlsource, and obviously handle by Marko. Working with all three individuals was fantastic, couldn't have asked for better customer service from any of them. Thanks guys! Can't wait to get this beauty in the mail.

Got this in the mail and all I can say is WOW. The finishing work done by Marko is amazing. The Saya is absolutely gorgeous only to be outdone by the classic look of the handle. Marko has a way to bring the most out of the wood he works with. This redwood has more figure and depth than the pictures can capture. The weight of the knife is perfect for what I like as well.

Now on to the blade. This thing simply glides through the potatoes and celery I tested it on. The steel seems to be of incredible quality as it took a super sharp edge with ease. The blade itself is stunning. I have never seen a blade with better finishing than this DT. The spine in rounded and is incredibly comfortable to grip. I think I just got my perfect knife.

Thank you Marko and Devin. Absolutely amazing work by both of you!

Thanks b., glad you are enjoying your new knife.

Love and respect

Hoss

Marko,
You did a great job with the handle and saya.
I like the way you oriented the pattern in the saya wood with the handle.
Finish looks great. Especially since the handle was stabilized and the saya wood natural and they were from different pieces of redwood.
Great job making everything go together. All in all, a very impressive package.

Devin, Great blade.
Looks like Marko did it justice.

Well, with all good ingredients, it is hard to mess up a soup.

The knife was great and wood was exceptional, so it wasn't difficult to become motivated, and to look forward to a finished product.

Carving redwood can be a challenge, because the grain direction is all over the place. So I chose a best figure even it meant carving against the grain - redwood chips very easily, so sharp chisels are a must.

M

Back