Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day off tuna.

Engorged Member
    Can't wait for the Tuna runs on the West Coast. I wish our pelagic season got going this early...Maybe June for the Albacore

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Nice post. I'll bet that tuna was awesome. Everything tastes better the more you have to do with it.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful fish. Among my favorite fishing memories was eating ceviche of wahoo and grouper I caught in Mexico, with the fish all of an hour or two out of the water.

How much did you eat on the boat?

Lol I wanted to, but the sun was setting and we had a 17 mile ride back to the boat ramp and had to get moving. Next time =)

Man, a 17 mile run??? I wish we had that here; we go 70-120 miles offshore I tried some BFT on the boat after we caught it, but it wasn't that great, just kinda mushy w/o any flavor. I was disappointed. It may have needed to have been chilled more? It wasn't fully frozen or chilled fully really.

I haven't tried Wahoo yet, but I hear it is excellent!!! They get all lit up, too!!

Congrats on the Blackfin. That was a nice one! I too think they are better if they chill for a while....

Nice post!
    These are the moments that makes life worth living
    Cool