Quantcast
knife noob ! google led me here.!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: knife noob ! google led me here.!!!

knife noob ! google led me here.!!!

hi everyone... i just finished school and moved into my first place!! yay! everyone was so kind in helping me get some goodies for my first place... i told everyone my intention was just to buy everything once! as a gift i got some pretty neat cutlery I've never heard of or seen before... had to google it!! pretty much this knife forum popped up as soon as i was done googling about what the heck i got as a gift

ended up reading a pretty cool story about bob kramer and some knives... so pretty excited to see that i got some somewhat better knives than the ikea set i was using in my dorm!

i will say that these guys are probably way more knife than I'm ever going to need. but i guess its time to start learning how to properly care for this!!! I'm even scared to break them out of the box to use !

ended up getting a mixed kramer set of shun and zwilling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28iqp38.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	6534

yup, definitely an interesting jump into the knife world. Don't be worried about it. These knives are made to cook delicious things. Go forth and make tasty food.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    yup, definitely an interesting jump into the knife world. Don't be worried about it. These knives are made to cook delicious things. Go forth and make tasty food.
    thanks! well now I'm kinda freaking out cuz I'm just found out how much this stuff costs... id hate to be that guy who just ruins a perfectly fine set of knives. due to mishandling/etc.... don't even get me started on honing steels and sharpening stones ?

Knives are just tools. You're going to screw them up a bit. It happens, but in the long run if you treat them well; keep them dry, keep them sharp, you'll have a friend in the kitchen when you're trying out new things in the kitchen.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    first of all welcome. I wish I had friends that would give such gifts as those. They are def. something to get excited about and even more into cooking. Nothing like cutting with a good sharp blade to make you start cooking more. enjoy.

Those are great gifts! Definitely enjoy using them, just read about proper care. And get a good wood cutting board.

Welcome and congrats on the knives. Not sure if you have read this already but the zwillings are carbon steel so just remember to wipe after use, and don't worry about the patina that will develop, patina is your friend
    +1 on a wood chopping board, and no dishwasher please....

Any questions ask away, there are lots of knowledgable people here

Welcome to the club!

Welcome!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread