Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Painter's in the house??

Painter's tape is for wimps! I was a pro painter for years, learned under an old school task master. Freehand is the only way to go. You'll spend more time fooling around with the painter's tape, both putting it up and taking it down, than you would by freehand painting. Besides that paint has a way of finding a path under the tape in places anyway. And, even if you do manage to get the edge of the tape tight to the wall, the painted edge that the tape leaves once the tape is removed looks all jagged anyway. Kind of like a knife edge under a microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Be happy she doesn't want wainscoting.

Rick
    Dang PT, that's a pretty bathroom.

I say freehand as well, unless you are really bad at that, keep a rag handy to wipe off any spots you may contact ceiling with and use a good angled brush I prefer a 2.5-3in size synthetic if using water based paint (a Poly-nylon or poly brush, Purdy brand). I actually have various sizes/material brushes depending on work to be done, had some that were 15yrs old till my bro borrowed them. Is there tile in the bathroom, why not skip the chair rail and do a matching decorative molded tile instead (if tile exists in room).