Quantcast
Hattori KD Gyuto - where to get? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hattori KD Gyuto - where to get?

Interesting! This could explain why I was able to find them in Tokyo...

exactly...I've been on the waiting list for 3 years...

although to be honest I will probably pass...I've had 5 of these things and sold em off everytime....they are cool to look at but frankly..meh...WAY TOOO MUCH MONEY for what they are...

Japan Woodworker got in a small stash of his petty knives a month or two ago. When I called to ask about them, I talked to the person there who always seemed to know the inventory, Connie, and she told me that Hattori himself had made them recently, contradicting news that I had been given a year earlier that, I am sad to say, he had incapacitating lung cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Japan Woodworker got in a small stash of his petty knives a month or two ago. When I called to ask about them, I talked to the person there who always seemed to know the inventory, Connie, and she told me that Hattori himself had made them recently, contradicting news that I had been given a year earlier that, I am sad to say, he had incapacitating lung cancer.
    those are the last of the petty knives...his next batch will be the larger KDs and then it will be over....forever...no more made.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by vai777 View Post
    those are the last of the petty knives...his next batch will be the larger KDs and then it will be over....forever...no more made.
    None of his apprentices are carrying on the line?

I've wanted a KD ever since I got into J-knives....mmm I guess I'll have to pick up a used one in the future

I don't think he will allow his apprentices to make the KD's...they will probably end up the way that the Doi Hayate did/will....

Like I said before the KD is a beautiful knfe...very special but the performance is not on par with the looks....and...there is always Mr. Itou...who uses R2 steel....