Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kochi Knives BACK IN STOCK

I hadn't looked at knives in a while because I am on a buying moratorium, but this looks great.The F&F is also nice, especially for a kuro uchi knife. I especially like it that there is a little curve to it. I had tried 'real' flat double beveled kiritsukes and always found them too flat for me. This here is definitely going on my 'If I ever buy another knife...' list. Of course, it would need a spalted koa handle, but that should be easy

Stefan

This guy looks very similar to my beloved zakuri:

How do they compared Jon?

the kochi is much thinner behind the edge, the kurouchi looks different and has a different feel, the kochi is thinner overall and has a different kind of construction/geometry, the zakuri has better edge retention, the kochi is easier to sharpen... and so on

Both very good knives

That yanagiba looks very nice! It looks like it was discovered in an a very old stash of antiques in Japan.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    That yanagiba looks very nice! It looks like it was discovered in an a very old stash of antiques in Japan.
    My, my aren't we romanticizing this morning. I do love Kochi's kurouchi finish though. I'm going to pickup a 240mm kurouchi gyuto, hopefully before Fall.

Boy I like that yanagiba! I just don't know about the single bevel thing. Jon if I use a slicer mainly for BBQ and roasts I don't do sushi. Would I be better off with a suji?