Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the postman always rings twice

the postman always rings twice

good for me they do, otherwise i wouldn´t get this nice packet from Maxim

i have done a lot of buisness with Maxim and as always, great customer service and a polite dealer.

here are some pictures of the latest things i have recived from him, i recived his custom made Sayas yesterday, they do look good IRL.

and som rehandles he was kind to do for me as a service, as some of you remeber we had a sharpening class back in february with a great sucess, i have talked with Maxim and we are trying to get another one in late June og beginning of July, Maxim will announce the exact date.

Nice Ohira renge :-) How's that one performing? And what's the other stone??

yes its realy nice, it performs well for me, but i have only used it once, so far i love it. the other stone is a Atagoyama

i always thought that chefs had the biggest tool in a restaurant with our 270mm-300mm slicers, but my GF is working as a waitress and she use this tool to open Champagne bottles

can i use fingerstones on that beast?

Thanks Niclas for posting pics
    Its my pleasure to practise on your knives !!

DK - Looks like Yosihide deba. How do you like this knife? I have the small yanigiba and it is one of my favorite knives.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Atagoyama would be a very cool stone to have, DK Chef :-) May be get your GF a tuna sword for knocking off the champagne bottle tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    DK - Looks like Yosihide deba. How do you like this knife? I have the small yanigiba and it is one of my favorite knives.
    hey Seth, yes that´s right, i got one of those 4 knives Maxim recived, so you got the Yanagi cool. if that wasn´t spoken for i might have gone for that one to. hope he gets more of them, the Deba is great, only used it at home, soon i will give the microbevel a test and try it out at work. but impression of the knife is great so far. good smal Deba.

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    Atagoyama would be a very cool stone to have, DK Chef :-) May be get your GF a tuna sword for knocking off the champagne bottle tip.
    It is a cool stone, a bit hard stone for a natural newbie like me but it gives the knives a great finish, easy to work with and together with a Nagura it makes wonders, the Ohira Renge Suita is much better than expected i have to say, now after a couple of hour with it, it´s amazing, with or without Nagura, easy slurry and good responds to the knives, Yoshikane and Shigefusa so far. i will post when my finish is better and my fingerstones will collaborate with me, (might have something to do with my patience ) im not a patience guy.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    Thanks Niclas for posting pics
    Its my pleasure to practise on your knives !!
    Maxim you dont have to be so modest, they are great (got some more pictures to post)

but you can "practice" as long as you want to on my knives i like the feedback i get from you and how you listen to my inputs and wishes.