the postman always rings twice

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DK chef

Reaction score
good for me :D they do, otherwise i wouldn´t get this nice packet from Maxim :D

i have done a lot of buisness with Maxim and as always, great customer service and a polite dealer.

here are some pictures of the latest things i have recived from him, i recived his custom made Sayas yesterday, they do look good IRL.

and som rehandles he was kind to do for me as a service, as some of you remeber we had a sharpening class back in february with a great sucess, i have talked with Maxim and we are trying to get another one in late June og beginning of July, Maxim will announce the exact date.

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

Nice Ohira renge :) How's that one performing? And what's the other stone??

yes its realy nice, it performs well for me, but i have only used it once, so far i love it. the other stone is a Atagoyama

i always thought that chefs had the biggest tool in a restaurant with our 270mm-300mm slicers, but my GF is working as a waitress and she use this tool to open Champagne bottles :D

can i use fingerstones on that beast? :D

IMG_2376.jpg

Thanks Niclas for posting pics :D
Its my pleasure to practise on your knives !!

DK - Looks like Yosihide deba. How do you like this knife? I have the small yanigiba and it is one of my favorite knives.

Atagoyama would be a very cool stone to have, DK Chef :) May be get your GF a tuna sword for knocking off the champagne bottle tip.

DK - Looks like Yosihide deba. How do you like this knife? I have the small yanigiba and it is one of my favorite knives.

hey Seth, yes that´s right, i got one of those 4 knives Maxim recived, so you got the Yanagi :D cool. if that wasn´t spoken for i might have gone for that one to. hope he gets more of them, the Deba is great, only used it at home, soon i will give the microbevel a test and try it out at work. but impression of the knife is great so far. good smal Deba.

Atagoyama would be a very cool stone to have, DK Chef :) May be get your GF a tuna sword for knocking off the champagne bottle tip.

It is a cool stone, a bit hard stone for a natural newbie like me :D but it gives the knives a great finish, easy to work with and together with a Nagura it makes wonders, the Ohira Renge Suita is much better than expected i have to say, now after a couple of hour with it, it´s amazing, with or without Nagura, easy slurry and good responds to the knives, Yoshikane and Shigefusa so far. i will post when my finish is better :D and my fingerstones will collaborate with me, (might have something to do with my patience :D) im not a patience guy.

Thanks Niclas for posting pics :D
Its my pleasure to practise on your knives !!

Maxim you dont have to be so modest, they are great (got some more pictures to post)

but you can "practice" as long as you want to on my knives :D i like the feedback i get from you and how you listen to my inputs and wishes.

great advice for a knife to my GF Schanop :) always easier to bring home new stuff if you convince the GF is for her.

hey Seth, yes that´s right, i got one of those 4 knives Maxim recived, so you got the Yanagi :D cool. if that wasn´t spoken for i might have gone for that one to. hope he gets more of them, the Deba is great, only used it at home, soon i will give the microbevel a test and try it out at work. but impression of the knife is great so far. good smal Deba.

Now I know who got that ko deba. If hadn't had a hide ko deba on my way when Maskim posted about yosihide, I would have been even more mad missing out this little one. Been doing a lot more smaller fish nowadays, a ko deba and a shig mioroshi have been great workers. I wonder who got that yosihide funy.

Another Saya for Niclas :)
Shigefusa 240mm Gyuto with burn chestnut handle and walnut saya with brass pin

IMGP1877.jpg

IMGP1873.jpg

IMGP1880.jpg

IMGP1885.jpg

IMGP1886.jpg

IMGP1871.jpg

IMGP1894.jpg

great pictures and nice Saya, match the handle nicely :D great job again, im lucky to have a vendor and knife/nuts like Maxim in smal Denmark, makes it easier ;) new batch of knives on your way

i recived the knife yesterday Maxim :D:D thank you, nice new handle and matching Saya for my Shigeufsa, and nice polish :D excellent service as always, love how the Sayas looks in real. new knives shipping your way as we speak.

i passed it on the Hakka and Ohira, great edge (pictures is comming)

Another Saya for chef :D

for 150mm Petty, of zebrawood

IMGP1947.jpg

IMGP1948.jpg

:D that was a great surprise, can´t wait to try the knife out, see if it as good as the SKD in a pro kitchen. thanks Maxim

the Zebrawood will match my other one, cool...

Hi Miha

Hehe yes Russian customs was a hell this time :curse:
I am very happy that it solved out and you finally got your knives and stones :EDance2: But we know now better for next time :)

No thank you for your Support !!!

BTW its something wrong with your pictures

always wanted to try the one-sided Shige knifes

And not long ago I also got a few knives from Maxim.
pick them from the hands of customs officials was not so easy,
and took it about 2 weeks =)

Shigefusa 240 yanagi
IMG_4998.jpg

Shigefusa 165 santoku (single bevel)
IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4995.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

yoshihIDE 175 funayuki , 35mm at heel
IMG_4988.jpg

ty for great stuff and support Maksim ! =)

haha i dont know what went wrong but here is my reply to your post :

Hi Miha

Hehe yes Russian customs was a hell this time :curse:
I am very happy that it solved out and you finally got your knives and stones :D But we know now better for next time !

No, Thank you for your Support and patience on that one !!!

sry for BIG images..

dnt know how make mini pics

haha i dont know what went wrong but here is my reply to your post :

i did delete previous msg , coz cant add the images )

grats gentlecook to your new knives :D that was a couple of great knives you got there, i was looking long time for the Shig Yanagi 240mm, glad it came to a good place,

:angry2: now I know who has got that yosihide funny and shige single bevel santoku ...

Enjoy them, cool tools.

Single beveled Santoku is really something. I just like it a lot, thickness is same as regular Santoku but edge is just crazy thin.

Back