Bordering on the absurd.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
This Henckel 1904 worlds fair knife is for sell on a site that does that sort of thing.
for the very reasonable price of ?

89dO4.jpg
[/IMG]

$295.00 :censored::dontknow:

ahh, yes the famous model 102. one of my favorites, to bad that one is 3 inch to short and that wicked recurve sure makes it fun to use. Oh yea and the $280 mark up. I saw this and the funny thing is there are about 8 other ones that are in damn fine condition for about $50. on there right now. If you ever truly want a Henckels from when they were at the top of their game the model 102 was it.

What is the benefit from that "wicked recurve", other than simple production?? It's still in use in some series. It makes the tip useless IMHO.

Could you imagine trying to rock chop with that thing. It would start at a 90 degree angle...

We just need to send it to Dave. He can fix anything. :crossfingers:

What is the benefit from that "wicked recurve", other than simple production?? It's still in use in some series. It makes the tip useless IMHO.

that knife didn't come that way, that's bad steeling and sharpening. that blade was originally 12 in or so and is now 9.5in.

Seems like vintage knives are going through an increase on ebay, a year ago you could pick up some decent vinatge knives, even sabs, for very little.

since I started looking a few mo. ago. I was wondering why the prices were jumping so high.

It's our fault. We are the #1 kitchen knife forum, it's all the lurkers reading here and bidding there.

I blame ralph1396 beautiful knives ridiculous prices.

I saw a interview with ralph said he been doing it for 50 years.some of his knife go up $200 for a nice old sabatier
I prefer looking around the antique stores and asking where they think are to be had.or garage sale
I blame Dave for his work on vintage knifes.

Back