Now What? I will never get caught up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I had thought I was going to almost get caught up, sort of.
Just doing the finish clean up on several dozen more blocks and this stuff showed up from K&G.
From the top of the box it looks like ebony, koa and ???
001-5.jpg

Wait, wait, don't tell me.....you really love your job, hunh? You pushers are all alike.

No Rosewood in this batch but I think I have a few pieces stashed.......somewhere.

I was going to do the self discipline thing and wait to unpack these until I was done with the stuff I was working on.
Well...............that lasted about 5 minutes.

Killer Koa, you have to toss a virgin in a volcano for stuff like this.
004-1.jpg

Indonesian Striped Ebony and Camelthorn (acacia from Africa)
002-4.jpg

More killer Koa.
003-3.jpg

Forget the other stuff.
I am getting to work on the Koa.

Maybe I should have a kOA SALE?

No further proof needed. You are evil incarnate. :wink:

Don't know how much longer hubby's going to believe the "we need to stimulate the economy" line.

I have enjoyed the before and after photos of the refurb on knives.

So here is a before and after with a couple pieces of Koa.

Before
005.jpg

Now I will clean these two up for the after photo.

The piece of koa in the center of the first picture you posted on the bottom is insane.

I don't know what to say about this stuff.
Am I happy? ........yes!!!

006.jpg

Change the angle and the figure changes
007.jpg

and again
008.jpg

I have seen people call nicely figured wood "Gem Grade", but this is one of the few times I thought it would be a fitting description.

Can you make a little video of these koa pieces? They look insane on the stills! :)

[video=youtube_share;hu5E5ZGtlNk]http://youtu.be/hu5E5ZGtlNk[/video]

That is definately the most insane wood I have ever seen! Gem grade is absolutely descriptive for this quality. I really want one of these, but you see I still need my car for work.:scared4:

DarKHOeK

There should be a must wear your sunglasses before watching warning!

That is definately the most insane wood I have ever seen! Gem grade is absolutely descriptive for this quality. I really want one of these, but you see I still need my car for work.:scared4:

DarKHOeK

"One can always call in sick and order some koa instead of fixing the car, you know!" -Mental carer Dan
:D

I am making headway but have to leave now for a meeting.
The 2 finished blocks are already spoken for but there a bunch of others as good, maybe better coming up.
Hard to say which looks the best when each one is different.
Here they are under a layer of dust.
I should have these ready and priced tomorrow afternoon. They will be kind of spendy but they might be the best looking Koa you will ever see.
Perfect for when your name comes up on the Kramer list.
009.jpg

Okay I think I'm starting to get the whole Koa wood thing.... Still not as nice as redwood but definitely a very nice wood.

Okay. What do I need to do to get one? :knife: And I thought I was done with koa...

This is like trying to take photos of a bicycle reflector.
What do you think? Too much bling?

Well it is 10pm here and I am going to call it a day.
I will post a new thread here to let you guys know first when this stuff is ready and in the store.

010.jpg

that's alright i can't afford it or a new knife to put it on and I don't have anymore more knives to rehandle.lol just brings back memories of my youth growing up in coos bay.

Another batch I will miss out on:(.....Damn job is always getting in my way.

Another couple of heavy boxes showed up today.
I am not going to unpack them.
.......yet.

Maybe if I stopped sleeping. We have plenty of coffee here.

001-6.jpg

That koa video got my attention. It seems like every time I order from Mark, within a coupla days even more awesome stuff shows up!

Back