Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblinman View Post
    The first time I saw that video I went out and bought some cucumbers and made some 'rolls' It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
    http://youtu.be/2sywFP6JCzM
    i think katsuramuki is relatively easy if you're going slowly and if you have solid foundational skills and an appropriate knife, but it takes a lot of practice to do it evenly and quickly. it's something i do about once a year, so i've never built the skill.

I was not meaning it's a superpower by no means and feel I have above foundational skills... I used regular US cucs started with a western style chef knife then resorted to using a utility knife I had and accomplished it on the third piece but not with the confidence he had. My problem was it would break after getting so long. I had chilled cucs and am thinking maybe room temp may be better suited. I hope you weren't trying to be as condescending as you appeared to be.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I didn't take it as condescending. More to the fact of how hard it is to accomplish.
    Chewie's the man.

I was not meaning it's a superpower by no means and feel I have above foundational skills... I used regular US cucs started with a western style chef knife then resorted to using a utility knife I had and accomplished it on the third piece but not with the confidence he had. My problem was it would break after getting so long. I had chilled cucs and am thinking maybe room temp may be better suited. I hope you weren't trying to be as condescending as you appeared to be.
    i wasn't being condescending at all, i was agreeing with you. try reading it again.

I didn't pick up any condescension in that reply. But it is easy to misinterpret text. That being said- I've yet to see any one blatantly disrespect any other poster on this forum. Other forums are rife with pissing matches, and holier than thou behavior. We all tend to respect eachother in general. Makes for a very enjoyable experience IMO.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I didn't pick up any condescension in that reply. But it is easy to misinterpret text. That being said- I've yet to see any one blatantly disrespect any other poster on this forum. Other forums are rife with pissing matches, and holier than thou behavior. We all tend to respect eachother in general. Makes for a very enjoyable experience IMO.
    I have to agree with this.

The first time I saw that video I went out and bought some cucumbers and made some 'rolls' It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Another apple vid with I think the knife going the opposite direction.

http://youtu.be/2sywFP6JCzM
    Anyone know what bread knife he is using?
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    I have to agree with this.
    It's why this 'place' is so frickin cool!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Ha no offense taken I must've been in a mood. Please check time stamp then go to the what are you drinking thread.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    Anyone know what bread knife he is using?
    not sure, didn't see any stamps. the school is in Malaysia so prob. one manufactured there. It does remind me of a Gude tho. def long enough.
    Chewie's the man.