Youtube AWESOME! - Page 24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube AWESOME!

Cool
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    Hmmm, sure, but first tell me what knives do you have?
    the knife i use most is hiromoto AS 300mm and second is masamoto usuba 210mm (ks?, the inexpensive series) i'm a prep cook and i would do things a bit different, i still didn't find anything he was doing funny or wrong I can't say, but I bet i work with things more in bulk and not so daintily, if anything, as him. I wonder why you thought the stickyness was funny too, specifically. At this point, i would be too self consious to post a video of myself working, although i've thought about it. i would post mainly to get feedback for improvement and not to be made fun of hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by andygraybeal View Post
    the knife i use most is hiromoto AS 300mm and second is masamoto usuba 210mm (ks?, the inexpensive series) i'm a prep cook and i would do things a bit different, i still didn't find anything he was doing funny or wrong I can't say, but I bet i work with things more in bulk and not so daintily, if anything, as him. I wonder why you thought the stickyness was funny too, specifically. At this point, i would be too self consious to post a video of myself working, although i've thought about it. i would post mainly to get feedback for improvement and not to be made fun of hopefully.
    I don't want to speak for Bienek, but I believe his comments to be fairly 'tongue in cheek' if you will. The Fujiwara(also known as the Kato) is a knife with some amount of speculation surrounding it, based upon its newness to the market, grind, finish, unknown steel, and the fact that it cuts like a MF'r- which might seem a little hard to believe based on its specs(correct me if I'm wrong here Mike in regards to your intentions).
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I don't want to speak for Bienek, but I believe his comments to be fairly 'tongue in cheek' if you will. The Fujiwara(also known as the Kato) is a knife with some amount of speculation surrounding it, based upon its newness to the market, grind, finish, unknown steel, and the fact that it cuts like a MF'r- which might seem a little hard to believe based on its specs(correct me if I'm wrong here Mike in regards to your intentions).
    +1 kato makes fun of many things...my favorite is around 18:55 trimming inside of squash--does make it look like a short delicate knife. Stiction on potatoes (~1minute) is ridiculous...makes me want a Kato!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    +1 kato makes fun of many things...my favorite is around 18:55 trimming inside of squash--does make it look like a short delicate knife. Stiction on potatoes (~1minute) is ridiculous...makes me want a Kato!
    I will conservatively say- YOU DO WANT ONE!

After Mr Henry re-handles mine, I'm gonna put it up for a passaround. It's a truly awesome knife.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I will conservatively say- YOU DO WANT ONE!

After Mr Henry re-handles mine, I'm gonna put it up for a passaround. It's a truly awesome knife.
    I'm actually next on the Kato passaround with the new thinned out version--in fact I am hoping it will arrive sometime next week. I was hoping it would be less than people are saying--sounds like I'm wrong. What kind of shoes are you getting for it?
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Guys this was new Kato from Maxim on this movie. I am pretty sure that it can perform much much better because I sharpened it quicly, I am not a best sharpener and also I finish on red aoto and I know that this knife loves polishing so you can take it much higher in grit and it will still bite ridiculously.

andygraybeal: I think that it is funny for Bieniek because this knife is very fat (5mm at the spine) and it cut like a laser. I've got Konosuke HD which is a laser and it doesn't cut potatos like this. Potatos sticks to the knife. And the Kato which is a sumo wrestler cuts everything. Butternut squash?? Like a butter.

This knife in a hands of pro sharpener and pro cook might be epic. And I heard that this still is a very old Tamahagane.

Quote Originally Posted by andygraybeal View Post
    Yes so as Josh mentioned already, the reasons to why this video is in awesome thread, and not in knuckleheads is that the man cutting does quite a good job, if you consider him having a new knife and being a home cook. All have different techniques and styles when cutting so I dont look for errors here at all.

But what I meant was how the knife does its job. Me too am just prep commis but I appreciate wonderful performance. The moments I mentioned, apart from the pepper cutting, shows just that.

The capsicum on the other hand is just about how carbon steel cuts stuff.

And one more thing I have this feeling many people here wondered if I am somewhat "lackey" lol to Maksim for writing so enthusiastic review for the knife, but I hope more members now - Josh includes you - checked things out and are happy with the choice

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    I'm actually next on the Kato passaround with the new thinned out version--in fact I am hoping it will arrive sometime next week. I was hoping it would be less than people are saying--sounds like I'm wrong. What kind of shoes are you getting for it?
    I'm sending it to Mike next week, all I asked was that he make it look like Darth Vader's light saber

+ Reply to Thread