Quantcast
Youtube AWESOME! - Page 3
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube AWESOME!

Keep a to-go cooler full of ice ready for your thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    It's a different vid than the one I remember but I'll be damned if that's not the same dude doing it and the same way, too. In the old vid, he shows off how every slice is translucent. I've got to say that a lot of folks do some impressive stuff but mostly, I feel I could do the same thing a bit slower and with some practice (or maybe a lot of it). Every time I see this, I think, "If I tried anything remotely like that, I'd lose too much blood, not to mention digits, to ever approach proficiency."

Yeah. After watching it again, I think at that speed I'd have a couple gashes on my left arm and wrist plus a shredded shirt even before I ever got to the mad thumb slicing part...
    My thoughts exactly. The only what that I could imagine learning a technique like this is with one of those chain-mail gloves made for factory-style butchers.

Great idea on the thread too, I can see this thread eating a lot of my time if every video is as good as the first 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    The only what that I could imagine learning a technique like this is with one of those chain-mail gloves made for factory-style butchers.
    Get ready to buy new knife every week.

FUNNY **** TK. Agreed, all you can say is wow

I actually have one of those chain-mail gloves. Very useful in deboning chickch Jacques Pepin style.

Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Every time I watch that video I get more and more confused. It's so beautifully morbid, like watching a surgeon explain how fun and easy a quadruple bypass is.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post

Suisin Inox Western. One of my favorite starter J-blades.
    I have been trying to duplicate what Sakai did on IC orig. Now I see the ends cut off that may help me more. Btw I keep practicing with a small petty before I get any near something that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I have been trying to duplicate what Sakai did on IC orig. Now I see the ends cut off that may help me more. Btw I keep practicing with a small petty before I get any near something that big.
    I'm pretty sure you need the weight and momentum of a big knife, unless you have Hulk-like fast twitch muscles in your wrist. That's a Western Deba he's using.

*edit* The more I look at it, the more convinced I become that I can do it.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    ya the weight works well but you are also need to use muscle memory, then twitch when you are sure about it.

I don't practice very much either. also my guyto is to big at the heal to use in hand.
    Last edited by Crothcipt; 05-04-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: made no sense at all.