Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    for sale, or..?
    for chefs to read when they hang out here (and, yes, its in japanese... thats why sara is here... to translate)

we actually have a stupid collection of japanese and english cookbooks, but Seiji Yamamoto's book just came out this year and so we were really stoked on it. All of the videos he has on his channel have sections in the book and the finished plates in the book look much cooler than in the videos... especially the strawberry.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    for chefs to read when they hang out here (and, yes, its in japanese... thats why sara is here... to translate)

we actually have a stupid collection of japanese and english cookbooks, but Seiji Yamamoto's book just came out this year and so we were really stoked on it. All of the videos he has on his channel have sections in the book and the finished plates in the book look much cooler than in the videos... especially the strawberry.
    I had a feeling that it was a house copy(and in Japanese)...

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Wow. So if we show up, Sara will read and translate the entire book for us?

Peerless customer service!

I think I first saw this from Dave:

Incredible forging, rolling mill, hydraulic stamp, salt austenization, scissor-hand quench.

New Yamamoto video: steak.

that looks amazing.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

The visuals are fantastic, I wish there was a transcript that could explain everything that is happening and what the ingredients are!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    The visuals are fantastic, I wish there was a transcript that could explain everything that is happening and what the ingredients are!
    I agree spike. It's beautiful to watch, but a little frustrating from a food pro stance.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

That was cool, and in suspenders.