Media Youtube AWESOME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still-edo

Reaction score
We have a youtube knuckleheads thread. Figure we should have one to share awesome findings.

I thought this was pretty cool. Never seen anyone break down fish like this!

[video=youtube;0hvAfQqWAL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hvAfQqWAL4&feature=fvwrel[/video]

It is always fun to watch someone skillful break down katsuo. Thanks for sharing.

That is amazing. Especially the Mega Man X music around 1 minute.

Nothing better than watching someone make something look easy!

Especially skillful is the slicing off the board in his hand. Woah.

What's the second knife? Looks like a tako but doesn't look single beveled to me...maybe it is though.

I'd like to know what the first KU knife is. I'm sure I've seen them before, even in B/S/T no doubt (Bishamon?) but I can't recall ATM. Want.

Where is that one where the dude takes a yanagiba (iirc) and cuts like a gazillion slices from a piece of cucumber while having a conversation and laughing with the dinner guests?

Where is that one where the dude takes a yanagiba (iirc) and cuts like a gazillion slices from a piece of cucumber while having a conversation and laughing with the dinner guests?

Lost on KF I think? That one was great. Google-Fu is failing me.

You mean the one where it looks like he's destroying his thumb but then, OH!! Perfectly sliced food!! I love that one.

It's a different vid than the one I remember but I'll be damned if that's not the same dude doing it and the same way, too. In the old vid, he shows off how every slice is translucent. I've got to say that a lot of folks do some impressive stuff but mostly, I feel I could do the same thing a bit slower and with some practice (or maybe a lot of it). Every time I see this, I think, "If I tried anything remotely like that, I'd lose too much blood, not to mention digits, to ever approach proficiency."

Yeah. After watching it again, I think at that speed I'd have a couple gashes on my left arm and wrist plus a shredded shirt even before I ever got to the mad thumb slicing part...

We have a youtube knuckleheads thread. Figure we should have one to share awesome findings.

I thought this was pretty cool. Never seen anyone break down fish like this!

[video=youtube;0hvAfQqWAL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hvAfQqWAL4&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Someone needs to show this to that carp guy over on the knucklehead thread...

You mean the one where it looks like he's destroying his thumb but then, OH!! Perfectly sliced food!! I love that one.

I loved the video and this description is absolutely perfect and hilarious.

[video=youtube;2dSEXVJHkNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSEXVJHkNg[/video]

Suisin Inox Western. One of my favorite starter J-blades.

Ohh I see now. Years ago (before Iron Chef America) I saw Iron Chef Sakai peel apples like that. Now I have a better idea of how it's done. Time to go practice.

It's a different vid than the one I remember but I'll be damned if that's not the same dude doing it and the same way, too. In the old vid, he shows off how every slice is translucent. I've got to say that a lot of folks do some impressive stuff but mostly, I feel I could do the same thing a bit slower and with some practice (or maybe a lot of it). Every time I see this, I think, "If I tried anything remotely like that, I'd lose too much blood, not to mention digits, to ever approach proficiency."

Yeah. After watching it again, I think at that speed I'd have a couple gashes on my left arm and wrist plus a shredded shirt even before I ever got to the mad thumb slicing part...

My thoughts exactly. The only what that I could imagine learning a technique like this is with one of those chain-mail gloves made for factory-style butchers.

Great idea on the thread too, I can see this thread eating a lot of my time if every video is as good as the first 3.

[video=youtube;2dSEXVJHkNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSEXVJHkNg[/video]

Suisin Inox Western. One of my favorite starter J-blades.
I have been trying to duplicate what Sakai did on IC orig. Now I see the ends cut off that may help me more. Btw I keep practicing with a small petty before I get any near something that big.

I have been trying to duplicate what Sakai did on IC orig. Now I see the ends cut off that may help me more. Btw I keep practicing with a small petty before I get any near something that big.

I'm pretty sure you need the weight and momentum of a big knife, unless you have Hulk-like fast twitch muscles in your wrist. That's a Western Deba he's using.

*edit* The more I look at it, the more convinced I become that I can do it. :scared4:

ya the weight works well but you are also need to use muscle memory, then twitch when you are sure about it.

I don't practice very much either. also my guyto is to big at the heal to use in hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back