• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Big Daddy Cleaver sale....Only Manly Knives Available!!!!....No babies need post!!!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
ok so i got a few from the collection that gotta go!.....this is hard for me to post so many pics and stats so please be patient....these r some rare gems so get em while they last.....so i am gonna try and name the cleavers so everyone can tell what's what....i am asking you pay actual shipping charges....i would prefer to stay in the us.....i don't have a scale or anything like that but i think we can agree on shipping.....maybe even pay for shipping after the fact if using paypal or something...these guys are HEAVY!:

1)The Big Daddy....needs no explanation....while the blade itself is thinner than all of the smaller ones it's pure size and design is meant to just go thru anything.....it is a little over TWO FEET LONG....yeah i said two feet....the blade is 10.25 inches.....i bought it from a guy in france and had the handle redone by a professional knife maker....it is one bad mama jamma......asking 250 plus shipping

2)W.m. Beatty.....it's 15 inches overall with a 8.5 inch blade....has a crazy masonic looking symbol on it....have no idea what tyne mark means but i can tell u i ain't ever seen another one like it....and i have seen ALOT......crazy sharp bevel by dave.....in excellent condition....handle is tight...has some nice heft to it for a smaller cleaver.....asking 90 plus shipping

3)Little italian cleaver(si moss co.).....handle is tight...looks like its missing the top of a pin but it doesn't affect it any.....11.5 inches overall with a 6.5 inch blade....sharpened by dave....very thick and heavy and ready to go to work...it is deceiving because it is so little in the scheme of things but this one has a lot of weight to it......is a great small cleaver to keep around to work with everyday......asking 65 plus shipping

4)Foster bros-Watercrawl rehandle(adam) number 8......16 inches overall with a 7 3/4 inch blade....handle is rehandled by adam.....sharpened by dave....some beautiful wood and a nice shiny bevel.....not much to say about this one except for the fact it is a gem....foster bros is one of the best and most sought out cleavers around.....and is one of my favorites....it has a lot of weight in all the right places....it is ready to work all day everyday for the next hundred years!!!.....you will not be disappointed in the quality of this one.....i can't believe I'm selling it.....asking 160 plus shipping

5) square tip slicer...rehandled by adam......i can't for the life of me what this knife is called...it is actually a traditional jewish knife.....it is 18.75 inches overall with a 14.25 inch blade....would be perfect for a slicer to carve up some big prime ribs or something....i have used it on turkey and other big meats and it works great...it is nice and thin too.....needs some polishing if u want on the blade but i like all the carbon marks and scratches......it is a true slicing machine.....asking 95 plus shipping

6)Crazy ass huge all metal cleaver......this is another beauty from france......guy had a farm with all these old tools and cleavers supposedly...at least that's what i know.......it is one of the weirdest ones i have ever seen...it is HUGE and HEAVY!!!.....it is 11 inches wide and has a 8 inch cutting edge by dave.....when i say this can go thru anything i aint kidding.....u better be on a stable surface cause it might go thru the board and table and then your leg....i aint kidding......this is the manly man cave cleaver to end all cleavers....it has two different colors metal because of the fact it was etched and brought the two different steel colors......asking 175 plus shipping....trust me when i ay you will never see one of these again....i have only seen two....and i got the other one in my closet!

7)custom rehandled cck chopper by adam......19 inches overall with a 13 inch blade.....nothing to say...huge heavy cck ready for action....beautiful handle by adam.....cant beleve I'm selling this...i know adam will never do another one because it was such a pita to work on.....asking 175 plus shipping

8)scimitar shaped blade.....19.5 inches overall with a 13 3/4 inch blade....beautiful handle with 6 pins on each side.....i can't tell u how cool this knife is...would be a treat to see this working everyday in a kitchen or butcher shop.....sharpened by dave...nice toothy edge to tear thru stuff......asking 100 bucks plus shipping

buyer will pay actual shipping...i accept paypal or money orders from those i know.....let me know if u have any questions and ill do my best to answer them....thanks for looking at my babies....ryan

these look so cool in person....you will not be disappointed!!!!

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

Last edited:
The cck is a pigsticker. So if anyone needs to stick a pig, now's your chance.

Woh, I never thought I'd see you parting with these ones Ryan. I remember most of them pretty well, like that Beatty because of that rare marking it has and the scimitar's handle is a favorite style of mine. There are some goodies here for sure. Good luck with the sale.

I had a feeling that I had a picture of the Big Daddy so I went looking deep in the archives and found one I took years ago. It's shown leaning up against the back of the house standing on a porch railing. This thing is huge! :)

attachment.php

P1010143.jpg

What were cleavers 1 and 6 used for? (original intent?) To me they look like they could be used to build your own log cabin and also butcher wild animals along the way... and by wild animals I mean a moose or elephant.

Looking at this and the pics could you do a more accurate set up of the pics? I just have no idea if I am looking at a handle of #2 or #4 (for instance). You did a ton of good work on the write up just to have it end in confusion.

Looking at this and the pics could you do a more accurate set up of the pics? I just have no idea if I am looking at a handle of #2 or #4 (for instance). You did a ton of good work on the write up just to have it end in confusion.

Agreed. I'm interested in some of these... I think?

sorry gys....lemme go take some individual pics and post them....i'll update it tonight in a little while after i take new pics....ryan

IMG_3133.jpgIMG_3132.jpgIMG_3131.jpg

this is the crazy ass all metal cleaver....it really is one of the thickest and most heavy cleavers u are ever gonna find....i actually have one similar to it and i went thru a frozen turkey with it like it wasn't even there.....ryan

these are the adam rehandled slicer....after a second look it does need a good polishing of the blade...there are quite a few scratches so i would consider a lower offer if anyone is interested...ryan

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

these are of the rehandled adam foster brothers cleaver....it is a beast!....ryan

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

these are of the cck large pigsticker that adam rehandled...ryan

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

the big daddy cleaver that is 24 inches long and the beatty are sold....ryan

foster bros -135
cck-140
rehandled slicer -80

those r the only price drops now....ryan

here u go pv...here is the pics....dont think i can send em in a pm....ryan

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

foster bros -115
cck-115
rehandled slicer -75

last price drops......if u want more than one knife i can give u a better price.....ryan

I'm really surprised the Foster Bros is still hanging around. That would have been my pick from go if I had the room for it.
I tried to justify it, I just can't :(
I thought it was a deal at 160, 115 is an absolute steal.

Really a beautiful tool. I hope it goes to a proper home.

Good for you, and glad it's you. That puppy deserves to be loved. :hatsoff:

Thanks! My friends are no longer scared by the 300 mm suji, so I needed to up my game a bit.

May ask my brother-in-law to make me a board to use these with, as I'm betting they could put a hurtin' on the BoardSmiths. I'll need some sort of tree trunk slice, prettied up a little.

Latest posts

Back