New Work Just Finished

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
DSC_0140.jpg

Just finished this morning and packed for shipping to my customer in California. Black Walnut 3" x 20" x 30" weighing in at 45 pounds.

DSC_0142.jpg

Also just finished this morning and packed for shipping to my customer in Florida. Hard Maple 3" x 24" x 36" weighing in at 80 pounds.

Nice work David!! Congrats to the new owners, I'm sure they will be very anxious and pleased to hear their new boards are on their way.

Do you pack that maple one like a tv? That thing is a beast. I'm a little jealous though. beautiful job Dave.

Wow!

45 pounds and 80 pounds respectively?

I'm guessing these are not getting put away after each use!

Seeing that board just gives me clamp envy.

DSC_0035.jpg

On the facing wall there are 35 more smaller clamps in a rack. I have seen the time all the clamps were used and I could have used more. Funny thing about clamps, the more you have the more you need and I could use 30 more bar clamps at times.

Last I heard he made a board so complex and beautiful that it made him forget about everything else...

Sorry to necro :pardon:; he posted this thread back in Spring of 2012.
I saw that maple grande and had to comment.

David, I am still enjoying that maple board you made for me last year ! I have another few projects for you this coming year!
2012-09-18%2014.01.48.jpg

Latest posts

Back