Quantcast
Mise en place
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mise en place

Mise en place

Do you like to talk to your fish?

Top right home made sushi ginger.

Photos doesnt include prawns as they were getting impaled then, theres no square pan there either, hopefully can take pics during process tomorrow.

Starting my double at 5am tomorrow, just to entertain 8 guests at 10, then another 15 at 5pm. Good day

That fish is gorgeous. Do we get to see plated pics?

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    Starting my double at 5am tomorrow, just to entertain 8 guests at 10, then another 15 at 5pm. Good day
    Those are my favorite days of cooking. I get to do one of those types of days about once a month and they are my favorite. Have fun dude.

Nice! You enjoy your job, your customers get a great meal, your boss gets a happy staff. Everyone wins!

That salmon belly looks....well....how much is international shipping?

There is no such place in Norway who would serve this...Much better than the package shite an so easy to produce.
    If I would have to spend one day a month just slicing ginger in a respectable sushi establishment, so be it.
    Ive read somewhere that if you use cheap rice vinegar ginger wont get pinkish... that might just be the case here!

egg tempura. A snack. I mean for myself

Equal amounts of light soy, lime juice, mirin and double quantity sugar. Plus

fine dice

Now [It is a catering, mind that]I honestly think it looks kinda shite. I dont really like it that much. I need years more training and before I get to Japan [hopefully next years holidays] I think I just mess around.
    But hey! Im trying my hardest here, Im cheering myself up, that there are people who take money for it and doesnt give a damn about the quality and freshness of produce or the cuts they perform, though it doesnt help much.

Looks delicious to me.

A pretty presentation is a big part of sushi, but taste and ingredients are still #1.

i guess it´s a toolbox? cool idea to arrange in a toolbox like a picnic basket

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    It took me looking very hard to even find any problems with your presentation, even then I would still eat it. Many time we are harder on ourselves than what others would think. Your pursuit of perfection if very close, I just hope you enjoy the road.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing. What type of yanagiba did you use?
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Thanks folks, I totally agree with Eamon the flavour but also balance is the most important things for me. I couldnt articulate it claear enough until I was in THailand. The balance they reach there between sweet/bitter/sour/salty is amazing. It opened my eyes on how to finish what im cooking, whatever it is, just as how London taught me how to really taste things.

DK chef, it is a toolbox. My boss kinda likes all those gimmicks, haha, machinery. Im not saying it doesnt look cool, I like it He bought Tormek, have Kenwood mixer from fifties, three restored mustangs not mentioning thermomixes and other

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    It took me looking very hard to even find any problems with your presentation, even then I would still eat it. Many time we are harder on ourselves than what others would think. Your pursuit of perfection if very close, I just hope you enjoy the road.
    Yeah, Its true, im almost never happy with what Im cooking. I always feel like theres better way or room to improve. Not for others, for myself.
    Just like my dad said to me long time ago. If you want to do something, do it right, or dont do it