MCA R.I.P.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Adam Yauch of the beastie boys passed away today after a long battle with cancer. I love those guys. I always felt like they were my long lost new York rappin' brothers. I grew up on their music. Yauch you will be sorely missed.

"Now my name is M.C.A. I've got a license to kill
I think you know what time it is it's time to get ill
Now what do we have here an outlaw and his beer
I run this land, you understand I make myself clear."
We stepped into the wind he had a gun, I had a grin
You think this story's over but it's ready to begin...

That sucks. May he rest in peace after his long battle.

RIP. Sad, sad day for lovers of the Beasties. One of my favorite bands.

I think "Licensed to Ill" was one of the first albums (cassette tapes!) I ever purchased on my own. Sad day.

Only two celebrity deaths have I ever really cared about and affected me: Phil Hartman and now MCA. The Beastie Boys are my all time favorite musical group, never to be dethroned. Paul's Boutique will always be my favorite album, but I love all of their work. I was luckily enough to see them live twice, once was front row at Madison Square Garden while they were shooting their Awesome I F*cking Shot That video. The other was on their tour for The Mix Up at the Boston Opera House where the dress code was "dress to impress". Both were great nights.

I was going to embed this video but some of the imagery is NSFW (in a good way) so I figured I would just share the link. It is MCA doing I Don't Know from the Beastie Boy album Hello Nasty.

Only two celebrity deaths have I ever really cared about and affected me: Phil Hartman and now MCA. The Beastie Boys are my all time favorite musical group, never to be dethroned. Paul's Boutique will always be my favorite album, but I love all of their work. I was luckily enough to see them live twice, once was front row at Madison Square Garden while they were shooting their Awesome I F*cking Shot That video. The other was on their tour for The Mix Up at the Boston Opera House where the dress code was "dress to impress". Both were great nights.

I was going to embed this video but some of the imagery is NSFW (in a good way) so I figured I would just share the link. It is MCA doing I Don't Know from the Beastie Boy album Hello Nasty.

Thanks for sharing, and I fully agree with you in regards to phil and MCA. I've missed Phil for years, and I already miss Adam. No summer can properly commence without a heavy dose of beasties... So sad... :(

[video=youtube;0i1iGa96GYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i1iGa96GYM&feature=related[/video]

Their bodyguard's intimidation factor is greatly reduced by his fanny pack.

Back