Best damscus pattern for a small knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
What do you think on a parer?

Spirograph
Feather
Ladder
Bubblewrap

Talking about Hoss damscus

And what would you choose on a 150 Guyto?

How tall would the parer be? For feather I think it looks best when you have some blade height for the feathers to spread out. I'd probably go ladder on the parer and feather on the 150 gyuto.

Im also for feather on the 150 Gyuto.
Not sure about the parer :) Mabe damscus is a waste on a parer?

I'm thinking spirograph for the parer, just for the pattern to show up.

Feather for something small you wouldn't get the full pattern. At least I don't think so, but he does some great work that makes me scratch my head.

I'm thinking spirograph for the parer, just for the pattern to show up.

Feather for something small you wouldn't get the full pattern. At least I don't think so, but he does some great work that makes me scratch my head.

I don't know... Devin did this with a 180 petty
attachment.php

And this ladder pattern on a parer:
attachment.php

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone with Devin's herringbone pattern on a knife, but it's easily one of my favorites:

pattern_herringbone_full.jpg

Waste or not depends on how you like bling. Just go with something that has a tighter pattern. I have a damascus parer (Randy's reverb, i think), and it looks pretty good. Really, all damascus is pretty much a waste if your main concern is about the performance.

I am going on memory here, I do like ladder pattern on the parer too. But it would be just my own preference. I love feather myself, just don't think it would show up like you posted.

Not mine :) Think its Salty´s. Not sure :)

Well, I think Hoss will read this thread, and if YOU do mister. Shoot me a pm with the price on a 150 Guyto feather. Gonna make a little sister to the Bubblewrap during the winter :)

Edit: that if you got time for it, I know I have to stand in line like everyone else. Not trying to cut corners here

Latest posts

Back