Quantcast
DFW Meetup!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DFW Meetup!

DFW Meetup!

Hey!

Let's meet up, North Texans. There are enough of us now, and summer is nigh, so let's do this!

Who is interested? All hands on deck! I wanna make a day of it.

Once we figure out who is interested, we can pick a suitable date, location, etc.

If anyone has a great house for entertaining, great. I'll through my hat into the ring; I don't live in a swanky neighborhood, but I've got a fenced-in yard, a big-ish kitchen/dining area and a good size deck, and that's enough for me. I live in Hurst, so it's somewhat central.

I assume BBQ will be mandatory.

I also would love it if people could bring their friends. Not that I think most other dude's wives would understand making a day out of knives, but I just think it'd be cool to have a variety of viewpoints.

Who's in??

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Isn't there a saying in Texas "Were in Texas is that?" when someone says were they are from, usually when some were out of state? So are you just inviting everyone?
    Hope this happens

I'm in.

I'm in!

Eamon,
    YOU ARE A VERY BAD MAN. To drive is time and to fly is cost. Keep me posted, if the timing is right I just might do it.

PZ

Oh man, I don't expect anyone to fly in! But I doubt anyone will be upset if you do!

The weather has been great here lately, minus a bunch of tornados we had a couple of weeks ago. We should have it soon, before it gets hot! The Austin Food & Wine shindig is coming up here the weekend after next (28th) that I am covering for the paper. But after that I am free.

Anybody eles in the area going? Tim Love and Iron Chef Morimoto are both going to be there, just to name a few.

Just an open update. The meetup is postponed until at least after the Blade show, because everyone's schedule doesn't line up right now, and David Broadwell can't make it out(he's too busy before Blade, lucky dog!).

The list of attendees, for the later date, is at:
    sw2geeks
    bulldogbacchus
    David Broadwell
    John Loftis
    Heath Besch
    mhenry
    Steve Goodson
    Pabloz(who will show up unannounced in an unmarked UPS crate and pop out like a stripper in a cake)

Should be a good time! I really hope everyone can make it out, I would not want to miss any of you--given the advance notice, it should be possible to find a date that works for everyone.

Just as this thread. I'm in when a date is picked.

Excellent!