WCG - July 2012

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhlee

Founding Member
Reaction score
Everyone:

I've spoken with Jon and we've discussed having a WCG at my humble abode in Gardena, California (just south of Los Angeles International Airport) in late July 2012. You may have heard of Gardena before in the following lyric:

"I'm the illest motherf**ker from here to Gardena . . ."

We'll have more details shortly. If you're interested in attending, please respond to this thread.

Thanks.

It sounds great, but that week is my busiest time of the year. Well the last full week in July anyway. Hope many show up.

Hmm.. I will check my calendar I think it's right before I go to Palm Desert for a week. Sounds good. Would be a great time.

Nice Beastie Boys quote. Depending on when you have it, I would be interested in joining.

-Chuck

I might not be able to make it the last weekend of July but I'll be there if at all possible. :)

I might not be able to make it the last weekend of July but I'll be there if at all possible. :)

Hope they can adjust time for you, or it works out. Would be great to meet you.

WEST COAST GATHERING

TENTATIVE DATE: SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2012

Man. Only two responses so far. If you are interested and may be able to make this date, please respond here on to me via PM. I'd like to get a rough idea of who is interested.

However, if this date is not good for those of you that are interested, please respond to this thread or PM me with other dates.

Thanks.

I'll make sure that there are at least a few worthwhile things to eat and drink at the WCG. :)

I'll make sure to request it off tomorrow. I should be in.

-Chuck

I look forward to meeting everyone who gets to come. Thank you for hosting this! Let me know if there is anything I can bring.

-Chuck

Ditto on the let me know if you need me to bring anything.

You're definitely welcome to come. We'll look forward to meeting you!

If you're having transportation issues, I'm sure we can figure something out.

Everyone:

July 22, 2012 for the WCG is confirmed.

The anticipated start time will be 2 p.m. and, depending on how many people come, we'll finish around 7:00 p.m. or so. Please feel free to stop by for any amount of time.

Bring your knives, stones, whatever you want to share. I'll be putting a menu together in the next few weeks so please PM me if you are interested in attending but have not previously responded to this thread so I can get an accurate headcount.

Also, since there are a number of people who have expressed interest in using a BGE, I'll be happy to do a demonstration or let anyone who wants to use it to give it a whirl. I have piles of various woods (apple, peach and hickory) and plenty of charcoal.

If you have any other questions - location, travel time, etc. - please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

So far, here are the people who have stated that they will be able to attend:

Confirmed:
JBroida
tk59
chuck239
Deckhand
Wagstaff (may need transportation)
TamanegiKin

Possible attendees:
mc2442
unkajonet

Guests are also welcome. If any of you are coming with guests, please just PM the number of guests so I can get a head count.

Thanks.

Back