Kitchen Storage

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Until now, knives in my home have resided in two separate places. We have a knife drawer, with an in drawer 'knife block', where we keep our regular knives...translated this is where I keep the knives that I won't get upset seeing my mother in law butter toast with and leave in the wet sink! We use edge guards in the drawer, although we pretty much only means me. I keep my nicer knives wrapped in knife rolls with some cloth.

However, not being a pro who gets out all his gear for a long shift everytime I cook, I'd like my knives to be a little more accessible. I 'might' be able to find a place for a Mag bar, or I might get a drawer of my own (more likely). Anyone have suggestions for making drawer storage safe? I was thinking maybe wrapping them in cloth and using drawer dividers.

I use a knife block for my daily use knives and then a drawer to store knives not in rotational usage. All the knives in my drawer either have wooden sayas, magnetic edge protectors or card stock sleeves. Since I'm the only one who gets into my knife drawer, I don't worry about them getting banged around from opening or closing the drawer too fast.

Back