Stabilized Palm Blocks - Batch Deal

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I got these 5 blocks on a trade from a knifemaker.
They are all labeled as red Palm but I am sure that is not correct.
The dark ones look like Black Palm I got from Laos a few years ago. The other two light ones are red Palm.
These blocks have been stabilized by K&G and have no visible flaws.

It would be a few days before I could add them individually to my webstore so I thought I would check to see if someone here wanted to buy them as a batch at a big discount.

$100 for the 5 blocks including shipping. No further discounts at this price.
I thought these would make good wa handles.
The dark ones are 4&1/2" x 1&1/4" x 1&1/4" or larger.
The red ones are 6" x 1&1/2" x 1&1/8" or larger.
Side A
p001.jpg

Side B
p002.jpg

If you want these blocks make a post here in this thread.
They go to the first one to post "I'll take them" here in this thread.

If they dont sell as a package I'll take the one bottom left

wow for 100 you basicly are paying for the 3 on the left, and getting the other 2 free.

Love the dark palm (err what ever palm):thumbsup:

If they dont sell as a package I'll take the one bottom left

Great minds think a like. I thought the same thing before I read your post. I love your handles with that for ferrule.

That deal is really tempting, dark palm is a favorite of mine. I will wait a bit and if these are still available I may have to take the batch.

Last day for these as a batch.
Tomorrow afternoon they go into the store.
I was just being lazy so I wouldn't have to set up a new category in the store.

I asked about dark palm not long ago. I hope I get one and mhenry gets one. If you do a pm list let me know:biggrin:

with such picky customers today I don't blame you. Have a good night:shots:

Dark Palm looks like "leopard" to me, although I can't wrap my head around why it's spotted looking on the "top" and striped on looking on the "sides."

With palm the grain looks like the 2 blocks to the right.
If the block is cut diagonally across the grain it shows the dots on one surface and the diagonal lines along the other.

Did someone buy the batch?

Nope.
I am running behind and haven't added them to the store yet.
A couple of you have asked for singles. I will sort through the requests and send PMs tomorrow.

Nope.
I am running behind and haven't added them to the store yet.
A couple of you have asked for singles. I will sort through the requests and send PMs tomorrow.

Ok thanks for the response

Looks like they are going as a batch to SameGuy.

If you guys like the black palm I will get some and have it stabilized.
Let me know what you think.

Looks like they are going as a batch to SameGuy.

If you guys like the black palm I will get some and have it stabilized.
Let me know what you think.
I had to leave this one alone for awhile. I spent a day checking Pm's, emails, and the forum before I realized the batch was sold right after I asked about it again. I would love a piece of black palm for ferrules. That being said I certainly don't want you to go through the trouble of doing a batch if there isn't a market for you to sell them. I know we had talked previously about black palm. If you stumble on to another piece let me know. I trust the quality and stabilization of wood I purchase from you. All the best.

I had to leave this one alone for awhile. I spent a day checking Pm's, emails, and the forum before I realized the batch was sold right after I asked about it again. I would love a piece of black palm for ferrules. That being said I certainly don't want you to go through the trouble of doing a batch if there isn't a market for you to sell them. I know we had talked previously about black palm. If you stumble on to another piece let me know. I trust the quality and stabilization of wood I purchase from you. All the best.

There is a different type of Black Palm that I really like.
The eyes are bigger and they have a flashy gold ring around the eyes. Looks like leopard spots.
If I can get more of that I will do a lot of them.
The last time I had them they all got bought up by 2 guys who are known for very high end kitchen knives.

There is a different type of Black Palm that I really like.
The eyes are bigger and they have a flashy gold ring around the eyes. Looks like leopard spots.
If I can get more of that I will do a lot of them.
The last time I had them they all got bought up by 2 guys who are known for very high end kitchen knives.

Ooooohhhh. That's sounds really good!! Please put me on the list now for whenever you find/get some. Already have my great handle wood from you. Just need the ferrule wood to get started. No hurry, but if or when that happens please remember me. Definitely interested would even pay in advance. Thanks for your comments.

Deckhand, if you like I can send along one of the three black blocks as soon as I'm able. I promised Mike Henry the "bottom left" (black) block, but you can have one of the other two to play with, for the cost of shipping. When I get them -- which will be after my vacation, so around June 1st -- I'll PM you for your address and when I take the bunch to FedEx to send to Mike I'll send one your way. FedEx for me is less than $15 but I'll let you know the exact amount when it's shipped.

FWIW I, too, am interested in the "black leopard" blocks Mark might conjure up at some point. :)

Deckhand, if you like I can send along one of the three black blocks as soon as I'm able. I promised Mike Henry the "bottom left" (black) block, but you can have one of the other two to play with, for the cost of shipping. When I get them -- which will be after my vacation, so around June 1st -- I'll PM you for your address and when I take the bunch to FedEx to send to Mike I'll send one your way. FedEx for me is less than $15 but I'll let you know the exact amount when it's shipped.

FWIW I, too, am interested in the "black leopard" blocks Mark might conjure up at some point. :)

Sounds good I appreciate it, and great minds think a like. I also wanted Mike to get the one he had called. Happy that is working out. Ditto on the later black leopard spots as well. Really appreciate your offer happy to pay shipping, or shipping plus cost. Thank you very much.

Awesome.

Oh, wait, my wife says I sound like a tool when I say that.

OK.

I'm pleased with this.

:D

Awesome.

Oh, wait, my wife says I sound like a tool when I say that.

OK.

I'm pleased with this.

:D

Yep, same here I have a wife modifying me. Thanks again sounds awesome:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back