• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: BNIB Suisin Ginsanko 300mm yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
So long story cut short....I had a friend who asked me to choose and order a knife for him. He's skipped and disappeared before paying me and now I have the knife, but don't have much use for yanagi.

I had this special ordered from Jon. I paid a little bit extra to get some extra fit and finish touches on the knife such as rounded choil and spine.

Attached are pics that Jon sent me when he received the knife (it took a couple months after I ordered it). The knife is still brand new and has never even been opened. In fact, I don't even have it..I had it shipped to a package holding company so its still there right now. I will either pick it up or pay them to ship it for me.

I bought this prior to the price increase by Suisin, so I'd like to try to sell this for what I paid and not take any loss on it.

So I'd like to sell the knife for $375+shipping+paypal fees.

I asked Jon and he said that this knife, with the extra work done on it, now sells for $468.75

The knife is located around Niagara falls USA, so you can pick it up directly if that works for you.

resized_IMG_4904.jpg

resized_IMG_4905.jpg

resized_IMG_4906.jpg

resized_IMG_4907.jpg

Some friend, a beautiful knife, if I didn't already have a 300mm yani it would be tempting. With the recent price increase and the buyer not having to wait for it to come in I'm sure you'll be able to recover what you spent. Goodluck with the sale!

Thanks!

I know its annoying not having a "shipped" price, I hate that as a buyer. However I'm really hoping not to lose money here, hence the +shipping+evil paypal fees. The cheapest option would be for one of our many ontario residents who can avoid paypal fees and also pick it up with relative ease ;)

Arrrgh! It's just on the other side of the Falls! Nooooo!!!

I can't go for it right now, but if it isn't snagged up and you're willing to wait a bit... :)

I'm in the same boat! Every year I normally drive the 401 to visit my sister in Hamilton and we go to the first 'Cats home game, then I usually drive back via I-90/I-81 on the US side. Just got the invoice for my Carib vacation in a couple of weeks, otherwise I'd have jumped at this.

Latest posts

Back