Where the wild things are

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
Maurice Sendak passed away. I will have to re-read "Where the Wild Things Are" today. Was one of my favorite childhood books.

I was so sad about this too... I remember my elementary school teachers reading this to the class. :'(

Oh... That's sad. I always loved Where the Wild Things Are. One of my very favorite children's books.

If you are a big fan, keep your eye on stephen colbert for a few days. He's been working with sendak. Did a hilarius interview in january. I laughed for days.

Sad. Interesting info. I read this one to my children frequently.

What a great story (with wonderful illustrations).

Sad indeed.

Thanks for the tip on Colbert's interest/relationship with Sendak Eamon, I will skip Seinfeld reruns and tune in for a few days.

Very sad. One of my favorite books as a kid.

Good NPR interview as well; compilation of four interviews over the past 20 years.

I read it a couple of days ago with my daughter...

There was more as of yesterday! It's up on Hulu today, he even gets serious a bit.

It's great to be a dad and read this to your kids, all the while remembering how special it was to you as a kid. One of the many things that are so cool about parenthood.

You know- as weird and controversial a book as it was, I think 'In The Night Kitchen' may have inadvertently started both my kitchen career and my love of comics. And perhaps some of my psychedelic escapades in my youth.... Regardless, awesome guy, sad he's gone. Between him and MCA I'm starting to feel olderrrrrrr.....

Back