Surf and Turf oh my...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lets see your interpretation of Surf and Turf. Here is a little dish i made myself last night. Sous Vide Chuck steak w/seared mushrooms and steak glaze paired with sous vide cured lemon and garlic shrimp with a black bean salad with Persian cucumbers and green peppers. Was hungry last night.

note the nice clean slices in the Chuck from my 300 Yanigiba. Sliced through it like sushi.

surfandturf.jpg

Nothing exceeds like excess. But boy does it look great.

Can you PM me the recipe for the shrimp as well as how long you sous video the chuck steak? Thanks in advance for your time.

A bit :eek:fftopic: but I had a coworker who loved being a short order cook and making seafood, while playing a strange mix of post-punk music. I told him he should start a surf-and-turf food truck, with a $7 skirt-steak & shrimp meal, and a $45 cowboy steak and lobster meal(because that'd be badass to have a food truck that sells steak and lobster). I said to call it "Coastal Distortion".

Well I don't have any pics but when I had my upscale Tex-Mex restaurant we used to do a 5oz tenderloin topped with a 3oz crab cake and chipotle spiked hollandaise, with 1/2 a twice-baked potato and veg on the side.

Sometimes we would vary it by substituting a couple of colossal prawns for the crab cake.

Reminds me of an app i came up with a couple summers ago. I don't have pics unfortunately... But anyways- Foie Gras Torchon w/Atlantic Salmon Gravlax, minced Castelvetrano olives, Micro Mustard Greens, and a Gran Marnier Gastrique.

That looks delish. I would love the shrimp recipe too if u dont mind.

This is a Salad i made. Seppie with Nduja, Cured Meyer Lemon,English Peas, Mint,Baby Arugula.
Seppie aka Cuttlefish and Nduja is a spicy spreadable italian sausage.

IMAG0081.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a Salad i made. Seppie with Nduja, Cured Meyer Lemon,English Peas, Mint,Baby Arugula.
Seppie aka Cuttlefish and Nduja is a spicy spreadable italian sausage.

IMAG0081.jpg
[/IMG]

Weird, I was just researching nduja recipes today. Gotta get some good Calabrian pepper powder first.... Looks delicious:)

Latest posts

Back