Quantcast
Knife Orders, Prices, Policies for 2012 Effective on May 14 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife Orders, Prices, Policies for 2012 Effective on May 14

I am trying to figure out how to get the cash to make one of your knives, well, one of mine. I certainly need to buy one in the near future.

hmm...

"If theres something worth doing, its worth overdoing. - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

$1.70 a mm seems a bit low for your quality of work,you need to raise your prices brother!

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    $1.70 a mm seems a bit low for your quality of work,you need to raise your prices brother!
    Thanks, Mario -

I will keep them for 2012. In some ways, this will force me to try to be more efficient - somethings I have struggled all along.

In any event, it's in writing now.

M

much more awesomer
    Anybody who is ready to spend $200 on a mass-produced petty would be nuts not to spend an extra $100 for a Tsourkan 180. I should get on the list.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

much more awesomer
    Any idea what you will be calling the "standard" (stock) line? Hoss has ITK...
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I think "ITK" line is for marks shop....

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Any idea what you will be calling the "standard" (stock) line? Hoss has ITK...
    I don't have a name for it, and frankly, I don't see a need.

There is no difference between ready-made (stock) and custom knives in terms of finish or workmanship, however, stock knives will be available only periodically on a first come first served basis, and there will be no customization on those except for a saya (even that might not available at times if my workload is too high).

Moreover, stock knives will be available in one type and length at a time, usually 3-4 knives. I am hoping that working on same type and length will help me to improve efficiency.

Hope this makes sense.

M

Just want to add that stock knives will be offered with premium wood handles as well. The upgraded versions will be prices higher, factoring in the cost of wood (+$30 for ironwood handle, +$25 for koa, etc).

There will also be a surcharge for on oversize gyuto, 275mm on the edge or larger, as those typically take more time and effort to grind an finish (per inch of lengh) than sizes below that.

M

I am starting taking custom orders again, so if any of you are interested, please use the link before. You will receive a confirmation of your order and a detailed email from me within 12 hours.

http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....ves-order-form

Thank you,

Marko

+ Reply to Thread