Quantcast
Woolly Mammoth Molar/Tooth <<SUPER SIZED>>
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woolly Mammoth Molar/Tooth <<SUPER SIZED>>

Woolly Mammoth Molar/Tooth <<SUPER SIZED>>

Hello KKF, We have been working on this for a while, and I am finally ready to play SHOW AND TELL!!! I just cant keep it quite any longer!! So here is a sneak peak at what we have been up to! Over the last few months, Eaglewood and HHH Knives have been testing and retesting a process and method of stabilizing Mammoth tooth. Without going into the details, Im happy to say... We got it!!! The finished tooth is solid and are just beautiful!! These finished scales are dead flat and polish like marble.

This has been a exciting NEW adventure for us, yet with through much testing, and the knowledge and experience of almost 10 years of working with this material.. I can tell you that our NEW stabilized tooth is in many ways superior to whats being offered currently.... In the very near future. I will start offering knife scales, and blocks. And they will be SUPER SIZED pieces, most scale sets will be large enough to make 2 knives! And will be thick enough for full tang fixed blade knives or hidden tang/wa style knife

We will also be making a few other cool things, like mosaic knife handle materials. This is not a new concept. yet I think we will be bringing something new and unique to the table. Its taken a lot of work, time and money to get this far.. There has been a HUGE challenges, HUGE successes and finally HUGE KNIFE SCALES!!!! So without further a due, Im ready to share whats been brewing over here! MAMMOTH TEETH!

I also want to take this opportunity to say.. Thank you to all who have supported us in this crazy adventure I call knife making!
    Feel free to ask questions or comment. I would like your feedback on this. Things like what size blocks and scales you use. favorite color tooth? etc.

God Bless
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    &

I love the look, even am wondering about the prices. But Is that just 1 tooth to make the scales or a few pressed together and cut in a cross section?. Btw very nice.

Looks good. Would make a sweet ferrule too.

This was so much fun to do-- As randy said, it took some trial and error, some $$$ but the finished result is far better than we imagined. Keep looking for some new crazy stuff that we will be bringing out soon.

Great Randy, cant wait to see them and pricing. Might have to have that on my next project with u.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    &

I love the look, even am wondering about the prices. But Is that just 1 tooth to make the scales or a few pressed together and cut in a cross section?. Btw very nice.
    Some beautiful and amazing stuff! I really like the way it Polishes up.
    These scales are cut from a whole tooth. The color is is all natural. They are by most standard Xtra large!! a couple of the sets measure 7" X 3" and over 1/4" thick. Perfectly flat on both sides and ready to Rock N Roll!!

PM me. for price and availability

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Looks good. Would make a sweet ferrule too.
    I think your right!! I will have some pieces cut just for that.. What sizes do you guys want? Talk to me!!

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    I think your right!! I will have some pieces cut just for that.. What sizes do you guys want? Talk to me!!
    Pm sent

For a ferrule piece, i am not a wa expert, but i can get by in 1.5 inches square.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    For a ferrule piece, i am not a wa expert, but i can get by in 1.5 inches square.
    Thanks for the hint. I am clueless. I actually pulled some knives out and guesstimated 3cm cube, but have no actual experience.