Best of the Best Redwood Burl - New Batch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I am in the process of adding a bunch of the new batch of the Best Redwood Burl that came back today from being stabilized at K&G. I am not sure if it is possible, but it looks like some of these may be even better than what we have seen so far.

Some of the blocks are listed in the Stabilized Redwood Blocks section of the store.

Some of the super good ones are listed in the High End Collector Grade section of the store.

Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and check the second page if needed.

This is a group photo of the ones I have ready and am adding to the store right now.
1-6.jpg

And here is a short video.
[video=youtube_share;vf61dPin6-c]http://youtu.be/vf61dPin6-c[/video]

My opinion is that this is some of the best of the best.
What do you guys think? Am I exaggerating?

If you decide to get anything from the store, remember;
Free Shipping Worldwide - Free Cutting if you need scales

If you are a member of the knife forums you can have a small discount (10%) off your purchase by entering the letters forum in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout.

If you are a repeat customer you can have a slightly larger discount (20%) off your purchase by entering the letters repeat in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout. I felt that my loyal customers should be given a slightly larger discount.

Just a warning.
The store software will show a piece as available until someone who has it in their cart completes checkout.
The software gives it to whoever completes check out first. If you have pieces in your cart that sold to someone else while you are looking, you will need to remove them from the cart before it will allow you to check out. Some browsers will show your last order in your shopping cart. If this happens you will need to clear out your shopping cart before placing your new order.

There are also a bunch of smaller single handle size pieces that came back with these.
I will be adding them in the next couple days as I am able to get them ready.
As I am sure you can guess, they will cost a good bit less than these monster sized blocks.
Because they are..........smaller. 1/2 or less the size of these first ones.

Bought two pieces of the collector grade, some really great looking stuff only wish you had a couple more pieces that were covered in eyes (my personal weakness when it comes to redwood). As I said in my note don't bother shipping I'll probably pick up one or two more when you add the smaller pieces or when you get the next batch in from stabilization and you can ship them all together. Thanks again Mark Ive been to many great forums with many great people but one thing that makes KKF my favorite is that the vendors are so involved, as soon as you added the pieces I had a PM waiting for me to let me know they were up, great customer service. I must have hit the refresh button 50 times while you were putting them on the site waiting for you to add more!

Bought two pieces of the collector grade, some really great looking stuff only wish you had a couple more pieces that were covered in eyes (my personal weakness when it comes to redwood). As I said in my note don't bother shipping I'll probably pick up one or two more when you add the smaller pieces or when you get the next batch in from stabilization and you can ship them all together. Thanks again Mark Ive been to many great forums with many great people but one thing that makes KKF my favorite is that the vendors are so involved, as soon as you added the pieces I had a PM waiting for me to let me know they were up, great customer service. I must have hit the refresh button 50 times while you were putting them on the site waiting for you to add more!
:plus1:

+2

Back